Stonebridge Thru JC Penney

brooks

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does anyone have any experience with this company?

A friend's mom bought a policy from them.

He's leery. His mom has been duped many times by the mail and phone.:goofy:

Does anyone have any experience with this company?

A friend's mom bought a policy from them.

He's leery. His mom has been duped many times by the mail and phone.:goofy:

All the ones I have come across are AD&D.

May have value to plug a hole in a shoe. Not much else. IMHO.

OK maybe not so humble.

Ive ran across this product. Its AD&D most likely, just like the one I ran across and immediately replaced

Thanks for your responses.

My friend's parents are 86 and 82.

I think they were shopping for final expense insurance.

Stonebridge is owned by Aegon Insurance. They run sweepstakes or shopping spree contests and people call in to enter. The agents, after entering them, present to the AD&D insurance to buy. Its a legitimate company and product, if that's your question. Is it something she needs? That's another question.

Thanks for your responses.

My friend's parents are 86 and 82.

I think they were shopping for final expense insurance.

That is not what they have. Unless the are maybe Smoke Jumpers, they are wasting their money.

Sell them real policies. The 86 year old may be an issue. Both are in for sticker shock.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Stonebridge is owned by Aegon Insurance. They run sweepstakes or shopping spree contests and people call in to enter. The agents, after entering them, present to the AD&D insurance to buy. Its a legitimate company and product, if that's your question. Is it something she needs? That's another question.

:nah: Legitimate sure. Sleazy?

Last edited:
They do have whole life policies. I ran across one last week. It wasn't priced terribly out of line. She had it for 5 years and I really couldn't help her much with a replacement.

They may very well be AD&D, though. Get the policies and take a look at them.

I spent some time selling these over the phone through a virtual call center setting. Stonebridge stuffs a "you could be an instant winner" or "sign up to win a $5000 shopping spree" flyer in the envelope of JC Penny credit card holders. Lots of them go out through the mail as a postcard as well, but they only send to JC Penny credit card holders.

When the caller calls, we would capture their information right off the bat ( lead ) and since they called, they are now NOT on the DNC list, and Stonebridge would now have them as a lead even if they did not buy. We would check a "customer number" that they would read back to us that was printed on the card. "Oh, I'm sorry but it seems that you are not an instant winner today" and then we would proceed to offer them the AD&D plan with Stonebridge. You would be suprised how many would take it.

They would also offer a Modified Whole Life policy. They would mail to the credit card holders just before their birthday and inform them that if they bought now they could save $ on their premium by not waiting. The postcard had the rates right on it, but did not include the EFT discount. When we would present them with the monthly rate with the EFT discount, they would say "That's even less than what's on the card". They were $10K policies with return of premium in the first 2 yrs. GI.

It was a good filler during slow times, but not a way to make a living. I averaged $30 an hour when the calls were flying in, but couldn't sit there more than a couple of hours at a time. I'm still set up with them but haven't taken any calls for a couple of months. Some days I would sit there for hours and never take a call. It's not very predictable.

SoKYBrian

This is very timely. I have a conference call this morning with the friend of a client whose mother died. All they know is she had a Stonebridge/Penny's policy.

I did not know that they had a WL policy.
If she had an AD&D they are SOL.

Do you have a policy guide for them you could email to me?

Thank you

[email protected]

I spent some time selling these over the phone through a virtual call center setting. Stonebridge stuffs a "you could be an instant winner" or "sign up to win a $5000 shopping spree" flyer in the envelope of JC Penny credit card holders. Lots of them go out through the mail as a postcard as well, but they only send to JC Penny credit card holders.

When the caller calls, we would capture their information right off the bat ( lead ) and since they called, they are now NOT on the DNC list, and Stonebridge would now have them as a lead even if they did not buy. We would check a "customer number" that they would read back to us that was printed on the card. "Oh, I'm sorry but it seems that you are not an instant winner today" and then we would proceed to offer them the AD&D plan with Stonebridge. You would be suprised how many would take it.

They would also offer a Modified Whole Life policy. They would mail to the credit card holders just before their birthday and inform them that if they bought now they could save $ on their premium by not waiting. The postcard had the rates right on it, but did not include the EFT discount. When we would present them with the monthly rate with the EFT discount, they would say "That's even less than what's on the card". They were $10K policies with return of premium in the first 2 yrs. GI.

It was a good filler during slow times, but not a way to make a living. I averaged $30 an hour when the calls were flying in, but couldn't sit there more than a couple of hours at a time. I'm still set up with them but haven't taken any calls for a couple of months. Some days I would sit there for hours and never take a call. It's not very predictable.

SoKYBrian

If I had one I'd sure get it to you. I'll take a look and see what I have. Everything they gave us was online and not available to save on our computers. The premium would tell you what she has. If it's less than $16 a month it's ADD. Depending on when she bought it, the premium may be under $9 per month. It would also be charged monthly to her Penny's card.

I'll check on it - Good Luck!

SoKYBrian

Last edited:
Back