Suggestions for Newsletter?

BidnitMain

Expert
Been sending periodic email updates to clients; many dont have email. (Hell MANY dont have cell phone!) Next step-create newsletter--email the ones I can and mail the rest

SUGGESTIONS for topics for Seniors? So far, I have:

* Recent Congressional changes to Medicare
- Increase in part B premium
- High income premium increase
- Diabetes Prevention Program now Medicare reimbursed

* Diabetes Prevention plan in this City
- what does it consist of?
- where can I find the classes
- how much? and
- how much does Medicare cover?

* Does Alex Trebek REALLY give you a "Rate Lock?" --Explain whole vs. term, "Acceptance Guaranteed"--explain Preferred, Standard, Graded, Guaranteed--point out the wording games.

* Ways to improve your health and spend less:
- Silver Sneakers
- VA Rx--and can drop Part D
- Patient Assistance for Rx costs
- Change from Plan F to N

Any suggestions? No suggestions that are not anatomically painful please!

Been sending periodic email updates to clients; many dont have email. (Hell MANY dont have cell phone!) Next step-create newsletter--email the ones I can and mail the rest

SUGGESTIONS for topics for Seniors? So far, I have:

* Recent Congressional changes to Medicare
- Increase in part B premium
- High income premium increase
- Diabetes Prevention Program now Medicare reimbursed

* Diabetes Prevention plan in this City
- what does it consist of?
- where can I find the classes
- how much? and
- how much does Medicare cover?

* Does Alex Trebek REALLY give you a "Rate Lock?" --Explain whole vs. term, "Acceptance Guaranteed"--explain Preferred, Standard, Graded, Guaranteed--point out the wording games.

* Ways to improve your health and spend less:
- Silver Sneakers
- VA Rx--and can drop Part D
- Patient Assistance for Rx costs
- Change from Plan F to N

Any suggestions? No suggestions that are not anatomically painful please!

* Prostrate exams.....what to expect.

* Erectile Dysfunction and you...old people get horny too.

:twitchy:

Prostate exams--if you feel TWO hands on your back youre in trouble!

My concern was--this being the Forum--being told to stuff something where it cannot physically go.

I'd be cautious on the whole F to N thing. Depending on how many clients you have, you could open up a can of worms and cause a ton of work for little gain (thinking of clients who can't qualify to switch).

As far as suggestions, i would suggest you get as local and specific as possible. In your area, do any pharmacies give free flu shots, free generic meds, etc.

I would also suggest you ask for referrals to other clients ask for introductions to their centers of influences (advisors accountants etc). Your ultimate goal is to stay top of mind but also create additional sales opportunities.

Ive read up on the Plan F thing---some articles say Plan F wil go away--some say they will be grandfathered--many articles are not sure

Most of my clients are MAPD and FE (WISH it was mostly Med Supp)

What I DONT want to happen is Plan F members to get wrong information and go storming off to some other carrier or plan. Just want to give them the straight story

Unfortunately--very few seems to KNOW the straight story

If you know it--fill me in!

Ive read up on the Plan F thing---some articles say Plan F wil go away--some say they will be grandfathered--many articles are not sure

Most of my clients are MAPD and FE (WISH it was mostly Med Supp)

What I DONT want to happen is Plan F members to get wrong information and go storming off to some other carrier or plan. Just want to give them the straight story

Unfortunately--very few seems to KNOW the straight story

If you know it--fill me in!

If F goes away, they can keep the policy they have, but being a closed book of business, it'll likely get expensive.

I just found and going to add:

CMS cut the increase in payments for Advantage plans from a 1.35% increase to just .85%--about a 40% cut

HHS is migrating $800 Billion to $1 Trillion from Medicare Advantage plans to fund ACA over seven years.

Some 17 million Americans have Advantage Plans

How ya think THAT will play?

Last edited:
Just put crossword puzzles and 1950's trivia in it. My mother gets this newsletter from some auto shop. That's 90 percent of it. Maybe one or two brief articles about car stuff.

She does the crosswords puzzles and calls me to read the trivia questions to me every time it arrives!

I like the idea of going as local as possible. If you have a book of business that is based on a geographical location, putting that location in the subject line should result in more opens.

While insurance stuff is interesting to us agents, I would focus on something else. Every month is national something month. You could base your newsletter around that. https://healthfinder.gov/nho/ Click the toolbox button and there is pre-scripted stuff already there.

Sidenote: I have always included a random fact or two in my newsletters. I have had people say they open it just for that. :)

Latest posts

Back