Sunday Calls

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am working a lot of MAPD Duals. I am currently only able to call late afternoon and evenings during the week and folks aren't answering. What are your thought about calling on Sundays 2-5?

If you can't reach them what's the harm in calling on Sunday? Not talking with someone equals no chance for a sale. Annoying someone on Sunday at least gets them on the phone.

You certainly aren't cold calling and wonder why people don't answer in the evenings. They clearly responded to a mailing or otherwise gave permission.

As Frank used to say, "Something just ain't right".

Rick

I am working a lot of MAPD Duals. I am currently only able to call late afternoon and evenings during the week and folks aren't answering. What are your thought about calling on Sundays 2-5?
Outbound calls to market MAPD plans is a violation of Medicare marketing rules seven days a week, including 2-5 pm on Sunday. If you're calling these duals for non-Medicare purposes, Sunday afternoon might work.

That's absolutely not true. Cold calls are a violation. Never said he was cold calling. Rick
True that I assumed these were cold calls. If not, no violation. Thanks for catching that.

Last edited:
Warm leads. Not cold calls. Either BRC, or they called off mailer, inbound calls, they call once and ask for call back. etc, Just having trouble getting them back on phone.

Last edited:
I don't do Supplemental, only Life, but when I was with Liberty we set a lot of our Tuesday Wednesday appointments by calling Sunday night. Guaranteed to get people at home. It's just a MUCH softer approach since people really value their Sunday evening. Make sure your scripted intro is tight, and you somehow explain why you are calling Sunday night. It takes "chutzpah" to pull of a Sunday night call.

Outside of any MAPD violations for calling out (to which I have no idea as I only do med supps) every agent should absolutely be working leads both Saturday and Sunday during AEP every year.

My close rate on weekends is always far higher than during the week in AEP. In fact I can work just a few hours and easily get 4-6 med supp deals during AEP on any Saturday or Sunday.

In reality I think any agent who's looking to really succeed should be working weekends all year as well, depending on their lead source. Most agents don't work weekends including the call centers!

Don't be like everyone else. If you are, you'll get their results.

I don't mind. I work whatever day they want to meet. I just didn't know if some folks would be turned off by calls on Saturday. I haven't called much on Sundays.

Back