Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Team Alvarez Insurance Services     
Old 05-15-2015, 06:44 AM   #21
Guru

State: vic120 is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
vic120 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Team Alvarez Insurance Services Re: Team Alvarez Insurance Services
[QUOTE=Medman;994320]Who in they're right mind would not affiliate with an imo/FMO based on what their name is. There so many y factors why you would or would not join an FMO and the name is at the bottom of the list.

----------

I would say in most cases yes, but this is no ordinary name and sends red flags from the start.

Based on the other half of your post proves exactly that team Alvarez is all about Alvarez and the agent gets left in the dust and it was all in the name
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Team Alvarez Insurance Services
Old 05-15-2015, 08:03 AM   #22

State: Medman is an Insurance Agent from
[quote=vic120;994366]
Originally Posted by Medman View Post
Who in they're right mind would not affiliate with an imo/FMO based on what their name is. There so many y factors why you would or would not join an FMO and the name is at the bottom of the list.

----------

I would say in most cases yes, but this is no ordinary name and sends red flags from the start.

Based on the other half of your post proves exactly that team Alvarez is all about Alvarez and the agent gets left in the dust and it was all in the name
Actually in most cases these FMOs are not about the agent regardless of what name they have. I've dealt with some great names and crappier agent support than team alvarez.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:12 AM   #23
Guru

State: vic120 is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
vic120 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
[quote=Medman;994394]
Originally Posted by vic120 View Post

Actually in most cases these FMOs are not about the agent regardless of what name they have. I've dealt with some great names and crappier agent support than team alvarez.
I never said there the worst, only that the name says buyer beware.
Some are better then hiding it I am sure.

I am not saying I normally look at a name but sometime like in this case a name can be revealing or at least enough of a red flag where I know if I were taken then I would have no one to blame but myself.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #24
Super Genius

State: agentinsure is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
[quote=vic120;994399]

I never said there the worst, only that the name says buyer beware.
Some are better then hiding it I am sure.

I am not saying I normally look at a name but sometime like in this case a name can be revealing or at least enough of a red flag where I know if I were taken then I would have no one to blame but myself.

I think its a great name, you see real estate agents all over use the symbolic "Team >>>>". Maybe he is just an agent coming over from the real world and thought hey why not. Reason its great is it tips the rest of us off who the real snake oil salesmen are without having to spend much time looking
Old 05-27-2015, 06:40 PM   #25
Expert

State: Westcoastnative is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Who in they're right mind would not affiliate with an imo/FMO based on what their name is. There so many y factors why you would or would not join an FMO and the name is at the bottom of the list.

----------

Not sure if you joined team alvarez or not..... They're so called appointments are not worth your time and money.

Before you join ask about their release clause. They'll hold you captive for at least a year if you do produce.
In my opinion. Stay away!
Medman, are you speaking from experience or just from what you've heard second hand?
Old 08-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #26

State: roygbiv is an Insurance Agent from
AGENT BE CAUTIOUS!

Team Alvarez is not a National FMO as they present themselves to be. Any agent worth their salt will do their due diligence before teaming up with any entity---DO YOURS ON THIS ONE FOR SURE!

Gaston 'Gus' Alvarez recent past raises a lot of red flags and concern for starters. His resident license is in California and the California Department of Insurance website would be a good starting point for research; make sure to review the supplements. Once you've done that, a google search will present you with several other items to review and consider.

As aforementioned, any agent worth their salt will do proper research AND will also ask for Team Alvarez's FULL CONTRACT before filling it out and signing. DON'T BE MISLED by just a few pages, their contract is very lengthy and very one-sided--and not for the agents best interest. You'd be well advised to have an attorney read it; the contract is NOT a typical carrier contract. If after the review, you feel good with the conditions, happy trails! Most seasoned agents will not move forward after reviewing all of the contract and red flags.

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!
READ, READ, READ!

It's your book of business and your compensation so take the necessary precautions to guard your own interest.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:57 PM   #27
Expert

State: isaias is an Insurance Agent from Texas
They are recruiting in Texas. After telling them several time that I'm not interested and asked to be removed from their list, I still get calls. They even want to argue with me as to why I don't want to hear their sales pitch.

They are pushing the Prominence MA plans. Last time they called, the guy wanted to know why I didn't want to know how great the Prominence plans were in Amarillo. I'm not even close to Amarillo.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #28
Expert

State: isaias is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Looks like you have to go with Team Alvarez if you want to sell Prominence MA.

Good thing I have no need for either of them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Texas Agent Letter 08-22-17.pdf (165.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #29
DS4
Guru
DS4 on Team Alvarez Insurance Services

State: DS4 is an Insurance Agent from California
DS4 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Whenever I hear that someone has a "team", that tells me they are inefficient to handle things themselves. Therefore, they need a "team".

D. Dayton Sayer IV
Dayton Sayer Insurance Agency, Inc.
Sayerins.com

"The most valuable commodity I know of is information" Gordon Gekko
Old 09-01-2017, 01:43 AM   #30
Expert

State: Westcoastnative is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Team Alvarez is based out of Orange County, CA and they also has a call center in Las Vegas, NV. His website lists a full array of insurance products but he mainly sells Medicare Advantage to his customer base.

Because he sells a lot of MA he negotiates free or highly discounted leads from the companies he represents and then turns around and sells them to his sales agents for $75 per lead. The guy is a bit of a shark so make sure you read your contract carefully before you sign.
Reply to Team Alvarez Insurance Services 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum