Temp Helper During AEP?

We were salary but due to the new DOL law concerning OT we will be returning to hourly December 1st when the law in imposed. Another Obama blunder.

We paid salary because October 1- Jan 1st at the latest, they are required to be able to work six days/week at up to 12 hours/day. Then for the rest of the year they worked only four days and got paid the same. The day off moved forward one day each week to give them a four day weekend every month. This is on top of vacation time. Again, thanks to Obama, they will be working five days/week and have no more four day weekends.

Why does everyone say he just makes all these blunder's or mistakes

We were salary but due to the new DOL law concerning OT we will be returning to hourly December 1st when the law in imposed. Another Obama blunder.

We paid salary because October 1- Jan 1st at the latest, they are required to be able to work six days/week at up to 12 hours/day. Then for the rest of the year they worked only four days and got paid the same. The day off moved forward one day each week to give them a four day weekend every month. This is on top of vacation time. Again, thanks to Obama, they will be working five days/week and have no more four day weekends.

No one said you have to make them hourly. You can keep the salaried if you want, you're just going to have to pay them more.

That is counter productive and it is easier to just move to hourly. They get paid for when they are working, they can thank Obama. I can't give them days off with pay if I'm having to pay extra when I need them to give extra during AEP.

Last year they averaged less than 35 hours/wk overall. They were coming out ahead and all interest were served.

That is counter productive and it is easier to just move to hourly. They get paid for when they are working, they can thank Obama. I can't give them days off with pay if I'm having to pay extra when I need them to give extra during AEP.

Last year they averaged less than 35 hours/wk overall. They were coming out ahead and all interest were served.

That is unfortunate it harmed your employees. The sad reality is, it helped many more than it hurt. With a salary of only $455 to be exempt, anyone working 60 hours per week was working for less than minimum wage on a weekly basis. Too many stories of restaurant "managers" in this situation.

That is unfortunate it harmed your employees. The sad reality is, it helped many more than it hurt. With a salary of only $455 to be exempt, anyone working 60 hours per week was working for less than minimum wage on a weekly basis. Too many stories of restaurant "managers" in this situation.

its supply and demand,Waiter/Waitress do well, If they do good work, Same thing in other similar industries, Taxi drivers often do better then dispatchers,

When this is the case it is supply and demand, People are not forced into these "higher positions" they know what the deal is going in which is why many dont take those promotions,

When they do it is for there own motivations, For some its the more power, for some its under the table type things, there are other reasons as well

its supply and demand,Waiter/Waitress do well, If they do good work, Same thing in other similar industries, Taxi drivers often do better then dispatchers,

When this is the case it is supply and demand, People are not forced into these "higher positions" they know what the deal is going in which is why many dont take those promotions,

When they do it is for there own motivations, For some its the more power, for some its under the table type things, there are other reasons as well

I'm not talking about a real manager. They were typically paid appropriately. I'm talking about the "manager" who was really just the guy at the drive through window or making burgers or whatever.

Also, talking about supply and demand. So some of these same people protested about wanting $15 for fast food jobs (never going to happen but that is a different story). They were simply met with contempt. There is a reason unions exist, the balance of power between employee and employer is vastly tilted in the employer's favor. And any time someone tries to change it, all we hear about is the poor employer.

I'm not talking about a real manager. They were typically paid appropriately. I'm talking about the "manager" who was really just the guy at the drive through window or making burgers or whatever.

Also, talking about supply and demand. So some of these same people protested about wanting $15 for fast food jobs (never going to happen but that is a different story). They were simply met with contempt. There is a reason unions exist, the balance of power between employee and employer is vastly tilted in the employer's favor. And any time someone tries to change it, all we hear about is the poor employer.

Hey Listen I have worn many hats, I've been up and ive been down, I've been near homeless and have worked 3 Fastfood Jobs to get myself back up, I know what its all about.

All of these experiences motivated me and brought me to today

Its what america is all about

its only recently I hear a constant flow of life is not fair stuff, in a way that it should be the govt's job to make sure everyone gets there fair share

That thought never came through my head when I went through it multible times.I just dont understand it . Whenever I was able to do better then where I was I moved on thats it.

I have seen others take the less because they just like the power or there was some corruption going on, I've seen others stay in lesser positions because that was there mentality lazy whatever, you know the type wait outside till that vary last second of break whatever

yes there are some situations but most of the time its the above

Hey Listen I have worn many hats, I've been up and ive been down, I've been near homeless and have worked 3 Fastfood Jobs to get myself back up, I know what its all about.

All of these experiences motivated me and brought me to today

Its what america is all about

its only recently I hear a constant flow of life is not fair stuff, in a way that it should be the govt's job to make sure everyone gets there fair share

That thought never came through my head when I went through it multible times.I just dont understand it . Whenever I was able to do better then where I was I moved on thats it.

I have seen others take the less because they just like the power or there was some corruption going on, I've seen others stay in lesser positions because that was there mentality lazy whatever, you know the type wait outside till that vary last second of break whatever

yes there are some situations but most of the time its the above

I'm not saying that it is the government's job to make things fair.

But I am tired of hearing wealthy business owners bitch about how about they have it. Now, I'm not singling out G. Gordon here. It sounds like he was being quite fair to his employees and unfortunately got caught in a rule that was addressed more towards other businesses.

The rationale behind many labor laws is that employees further down the chain have much less bargaining power. And generally they are right.

I'm not saying that it is the government's job to make things fair.

But I am tired of hearing wealthy business owners bitch about how about they have it. Now, I'm not singling out G. Gordon here. It sounds like he was being quite fair to his employees and unfortunately got caught in a rule that was addressed more towards other businesses.

The rationale behind many labor laws is that employees further down the chain have much less bargaining power. And generally they are right.

Pretty much, the average company wouldn't have done what he did because it would be wasting money to them. He is a generous man it seems, unfortunately most people are not and that is who the law helped.

We have to remember that our local or personal situations are not indicative of the entire country.

No, the sad reality is that it will hurt more people than it helped. It was targeted at a specific industry and, like the ACA, will have consequences in every industry. The ACA was to solve a specific problem for two groups of people, those that couldn't qualify and those that couldn't afford health insurance, the wide sweeping destructive effect of the ACA has had way more negative than positive results.

This administration has stuck their fingers in so many issue blindly and with contempt for the American business community that it will take huge strides to overcome the ignorance.

Back