Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors     
Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Guru

State: supersupps is an Insurance Agent from California
Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors
I need to offer advise for someone that is moving to San Antonio, Texas. does anyone know what texas Medicaid pays for dental for a senior? Is it emergency extraction like is most popular or are the benefits better? thanks
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors
Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Guru
Norwayguy on Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors - Insurance Forum

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors Re: TExas Medicaid
Originally Posted by supersupps View Post
I need to offer advise for someone that is moving to San Antonio, Texas. does anyone know what texas Medicaid pays for dental for a senior? Is it emergency extraction like is most popular or are the benefits better? thanks
Tell them to call their case worker...The case worker will give them 100% of the information. Not to mention the Case worker gets paid to provide this info.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Got your PM....If your not going to call Whatever Texas called their DHHS then you should do some simple google searches to start looking for what you want
Texas Medicaid: The Medicaid Project, Texas Medicaid Eligibility, Help, Assistance; TX

Texas Medicaid Managed Care -- STAR Program

Health and Human Services Commission

Edit:--- Sorry I just notice you are in Florida...I assumed you where a texas agent.

Peter G Langelier
plangelier@langelierinsurance.com http://www.langelierinsurance.com

Last edited by Norwayguy; 03-28-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Guru

State: wehotex is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors Re: TExas Medicaid
Originally Posted by supersupps View Post
If they are Medi-Medi, I should be able to help them with an MA plan that would offer them at least some of their dental work covered (up to $800 worth, another with Free dentures, "authorized") along with all of the other usual benefitsat $0 premium.
Texas doesn't really cover dental benefits as far as I know, only emergency dental at best. Even Calif (very generous compared to Tex) only covers emergencies now. I've sent several medicaid recip to a local clinic here in San Antonio that will do routine work at discount prices that are very reasonable. They work on a sliding scale and take appts on mondays.
Originally Posted by Norwayguy View Post
Tell them to call their case worker...The case worker will give them 100% of the information. Not to mention the Case worker gets paid to provide this info.
Got your PM....If your not going to call Whatever Texas called their DHHS then you should do some simple google searches to start looking for what you want
Texas Medicaid: The Medicaid Project, Texas Medicaid Eligibility, Help, Assistance; TX

Texas Medicaid Managed Care -- STAR Program

Health and Human Services Commission

Edit:--- Sorry I just notice you are in Florida...I assumed you where a texas agent.
Sorry to say, but our Texas caseworkers are extremely stressed out and overworked right now, have been for a while. Their caseloads have been increased and they have been required to ask for much more proof of income/assets in applications than ever before thanks to the massive budget shortfall that the State faces and increased demand. Good Luck if anyone has any luck actually talking to one. I wouldn't want their jobs.

Last edited by wehotex; 03-28-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 03-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
Guru
Josh on Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors - Insurance Forum

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors Re: Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors
Routine dental care and things like fillings and crowns will not be covered. That said, anything *medically necessary* is usually covered. For example, I had to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed because they were impacted (pushing next to each other) so my health insurance covered it (then my dental picked up most of the rest of it, hooray for working for a carrier!) So if it's being done for medical reasons, i.e. to treat disease or illness, like a badly infected tooth or something of that nature, there is a good chance the service will be covered. That all said, the best thing to do would be to call the Medicaid customer service number on their ID card OR another option is to call the providers and ask if they take Medicaid, anyone that does should be able to know what bills Medicaid will and will not pay for because they've billed out and received payment on services to folks with Medicaid.

UNLIMITED telemarketing lists for $50/month
Great for generating HOT leads for Medicare, Auto, Health, Life, and more!
www.ListShack.com
888-905-3282
Get a free cold calling eBook here!

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   How many zeros does 100 have? I agree to forum rules 

Reply to Texas Dental Medicaid For Seniors 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Tags
group dental