Texas Medicare Advantage & PDP Agents

AgentPipeline

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
You may have already head about this, but I thought it would helpful for agents who haven't.

The Texas DOI released this bulletin on 10/1/10.

Agent Licensing Guidelines Related to Certifications for Medicare-Related Products

It reviews the additional CE classes agents must take before selling Medicare Advantage or PDP plans. It look likes this only applies to agents newly licensed or those who renewed their license after 4/1/10.

The reason I'm posting this... A local MA company just released it and is contacting all of their TX agents today.

If you're from Texas, don't rely on my comments. I would read the bulletin and contact the DOI (bottom of bulletin) if you have any questions.

You may have already head about this, but I thought it would helpful for agents who haven't.

The Texas DOI released this bulletin on 10/1/10.

Agent Licensing Guidelines Related to Certifications for Medicare-Related Products

It reviews the additional CE classes agents must take before selling Medicare Advantage or PDP plans. It look likes this only applies to agents newly licensed or those who renewed their license after 4/1/10.

The reason I'm posting this... A local MA company just released it and is contacting all of their TX agents today.

If you're from Texas, don't rely on my comments. I would read the bulletin and contact the DOI (bottom of bulletin) if you have any questions.

Thanks for the info.

Update -

Quote from the MA company's agent update:

"If you were issued or renewed your TX license on or after 4/1/10 you must complete a course that is at least 8 hours in length and dedicated to Medicare-related products under Chapter §19.1024 of the Texas Administrative code. If you were issued or renewed a TX license before 4/1/10 you do not need to complete the requirements until the next time you renew your license."

Update -

Quote from the MA company's agent update:

"If you were issued or renewed your TX license on or after 4/1/10 you must complete a course that is at least 8 hours in length and dedicated to Medicare-related products under Chapter §19.1024 of the Texas Administrative code. If you were issued or renewed a TX license before 4/1/10 you do not need to complete the requirements until the next time you renew your license."

More and more regulations. who would have thought ?
Medicare Supplement Insurance

Last edited:
Back