Thanks to the Agents, Old and New

Hopes

Super Genius
Georgia
I don't mean to get mushy but I wanted thank all you agents. Whether I've ever spoken with you or not on this forum, the years of experience and the knowledge I've gained is appreciated!

Just a few days ago I sold my first plan F. After reading posts for weeks (some I found by accident) I understand why a med supp can be better for the client than Advantage.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking the Advantage. Medicare is not a "one size fits all" approach. A client's financial circumstances, as well as health, definitely play a big part. I'm not trying to argue the difference.

That's all. It's late and I'm tired and I just want to give everyone a group hug :goofy:

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!!

Congrats!
How did you find your prospect/customer?

Why did they buy?

I got the customer from a T65 mailer.

I went in with the intent to educate on the available products. The customer has some health issues and had bariatric surgery in January. I took the information I learned on this forum and put it into practice. I asked questions about how often he sees his doctor, etc. I then got out my calculator and started adding up the costs. I made the comparisons and he knew what he wanted.

Thanks guys!!!

I got the customer from a T65 mailer.

I went in with the intent to educate on the available products. The customer has some health issues and had bariatric surgery in January. I took the information I learned on this forum and put it into practice. I asked questions about how often he sees his doctor, etc. I then got out my calculator and started adding up the costs. I made the comparisons and he knew what he wanted.

Just curious why you used Plan F. Obviously the only difference this year is a $183 deductible.

It really depends on the area but in many cases Plan G saves $350-500 over Plan F.

BTW, I do agree that many people like Plan F because they have more money than "intelligence". In that case I just say "sign here."

Rick

Just curious why you used Plan F. Obviously the only difference this year is a $183 deductible.

It really depends on the area but in many cases Plan G saves $350-500 over Plan F.

BTW, I do agree that many people like Plan F because they have more money than "intelligence". In that case I just say "sign here."

Rick

Honestly, because I'm still learning - BUT I am learning. I was reading a lot of posts comparing Plans F and N to Advantage, etc. Today, I've been reading more about Plan G. I got out my calculator and I understand.

I know I have a lot to learn.

I, also, have a client who I didn't close yesterday. He's low income, falls below poverty level and doesn't receive assistance. I encouraged him to apply for assistance - we have time to make a decision. I showed him Plan F and the least expensive MAPD and left the plan material. I spoke with him today and he wants the MAPD. I explained, again, that he could receive assistance and that could open his options. He wants the MAPD. I told him he would be locked in for a year. He's okay with that. I told him I would bring the Medicaid application to our next appt (because I think he still needs to apply) to write the MAPD.

I will show him the Plan G but I think that will only confuse him. I now realize that would save him money over the Plan F but I believe he's married to the MAPD for now. I went over the OOP costs he would incur and encouraged him to think about it (that's why I left the MAPD plan materials). Again, he's very low income and even the MAPD in his area is going to cost him.

Rick

We got a rate infrease announcement from Aetna last month which is a huge call to action because my wife and I have about 600 people on Aetna Med Sups. The we saw that Plan G went up ZERO! Whew!
About 595 of those are on Plan G.

Honestly, because I'm still learning - BUT I am learning.

Let me suggest a couple of ideas.

1) Join Medicare Training 101. Lots of great videos and other information for $20/mo.

2) Fly to Vegas around August 22t and meet with a few of us. This is mainly an excuse for a vacation, drinking, gambling, and drinking. But when we're sober we are happy to share knowledge.

Rick

Back