Are There Any Good DENTAL Plans Out There?

AOKING

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey Everybody,

Does anyone know of a good Dental Plan or Discount Service?

Thanks,

AO

Hey Everybody,

Does anyone know of a good Dental Plan or Discount Service?

Thanks,

AO

Medico has a pretty decent one here in FL. covers dental vision and hearing. $30/mo for $1000 max or $40/mo for $14500 max for a 65 y/o

pays a nice 35% commish too

Dental plans have a tough time making the math work because of adverse selection. Basically everyone that gets one is going to use it and insurance doesn't do a good job of spreading that type of risk.

Medico has a pretty decent one here in FL. covers dental vision and hearing. $30/mo for $1000 max or $40/mo for $14500 max for a 65 y/o pays a nice 35% commish too
Definitely worth the extra ten bucks a month for an additional $13.5 thousand in annual benefit (I do know you meant $1500).

I teach the cost of insurance per thousands.

Take a home, $150k, insured for $800/year.

Take dental, $1000-1500 max, insured for $360-480/year.

Does. Not. Make. Sense. Ever.

I teach the cost of insurance per thousands. Take a home, $150k, insured for $800/year. Take dental, $1000-1500 max, insured for $360-480/year. Does. Not. Make. Sense. Ever.
Teaching the cost of insurance per thousands and applying it to all types equally doesn't take into account the way claims are paid with different kinds of insurance. A person with dental insurance who maxes out the benefit every year is definitely served well by paying $400 for that thousand dollar benefit. Maxing out a dental, vision, hearing benefit each year is not that uncommon.

Last edited:
Seriously?!! Not that uncommon? I have insured thousands over my 20 year career and I testify to the adverse, but I am from Arkansas.

Back