Third Party Payor For Medicare Supplement

LMGInsurance

I enrolled my client into a medicare supplement through Manhattan Life. Her employer wants to pay them directly however they said that they do not accept third party payors. Her employer won't provide her with the funds to make the payment through her checking account because they stated it would constitute as a raise. I called Cigna and they do not accept third party payors either. Is there an insurance company that accepts third party payors for their medicare supplement clients?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Aetna does , not sure about new business.
The reason most companies don't accept 3rd party checks is because 90% of 3rd party checks come from The American Kidney Foundation for people on dialysis.

I had this discussion with a client this week who said his employer pays like $750.00/month for his insurance at work and he is 67 years old. Wouldn't it make more sense to give this guy a $250/month raise and pay his Part B premium along with a Med Sup and PDP? They were telling him he should go on Medicare since he's over 65 and guy asked employer if he would pay it and he said its illegal to do that.

I had this discussion with a client this week who said his employer pays like $750.00/month for his insurance at work and he is 67 years old. Wouldn't it make more sense to give this guy a $250/month raise and pay his Part B premium along with a Med Sup and PDP? They were telling him he should go on Medicare since he's over 65 and guy asked employer if he would pay it and he said its illegal to do that.

I know that its not illegal because companies do do it. I dont have all the details on hand at the moment.

Non-discrimination rules in play. Employer can't pay for private insurance for one without doing it for others in same situation. Ad hoc "benefit" programs are illegal.

Back