For those that Work TM Leads: How Do You Deal with these 3 Out of 4 Types of Leads?

Never hurts to see if there's a more efficient way of doing things, which is why I am posting this thread.

I come across 4 types of TM leads, and I want to hear from other's how they deal with these in the intro call back.

1. Easiest type of lead, the lead that provides all the company and premium information and is open to a call back.
2. Spouse does the insurance, call back any time
3. Has no idea what they are paying
4. Mistrustful of providing company/premium information

My hang-up is on the last 3.

Number 2, It seems like when I call for the spouse, it's almost like an ambush, "your spouse said to call back about seeing if you qualify for a reduced rate on your Medicare supplement and all I have to do is ask you a few questions to see how much savings you qualify for"... and they are either put off that their spouse directed a sales agent to call them back, or are in disbelief that the other spouse actually wanted to inquirer about changing supplements.

Number 3, It almost seems like Number 2, kinda like a cold call, almost have to coach/motivate the customer to find out how much they are paying, and then motivated/educate them on why they should go with a cheaper supplement. How do you deal with the it's not broke why fix it mentalities? I find that talking about possible Medicare changes coming up and how they could impact them helps a little to winning some over.

I don't even know why I call #4's (because I paid for them) sometimes.

Any discussion or tips on how you deal with these types of leads is appreciated.

For some of these are the reason I perfer other leads over TM even when there is good ROI. They take a lot more work and they can be very aggravating

Like when you can save someone $100 per month from there blue cross and they wont change because "they pay well" " My daughter told me not to change" " I just prefer to stay here I am at for no reason I don't mind paying $1200 more a year"

I can take losing a sale or getting beat but just get frustrated when I feel like there is no good reasoning just can't fix stupid situations

Even when ROI is good I end up frustrated If I don't take a break from them

If they have no idea what they are paying, send them your best quote. Call and ask how that compares with their current premium (look in their check book to find the amount). Then, now that you have opened a dialogue, start your underwriting.

Do the same if they are reluctant to give you the name & premium of their current company. Assume they have Plan F and mail them your best quote. Include your pix, license #, short bio and name of the insurance company (if it is not well known then it's background & rating).

If you're really working TM leads, you missed one.

#5. "I thought this was about the "recent changes" to my Social Security!"

Everyone does things differently.

If I can't get them to open up on the initial call I will usually just say I can't help them and wish them well.

If it's a slow day I will quote the lowest rate by phone and tell them "If you find a better rate, buy it".

I stole that from Lee Iacocca.

And no, I don't mention the carrier.

I can't hardly open my mouth or post something without dating myself.

Which is not the same as dating myself ..........

Back