Towers Watson One Exchange for Chevron Retirees

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
I received a referral today from Chevron retiree who insurance is going to be handled by Towers Watson as of 1/1/17.They will get 94.00 a month reimbursement in an HSR account.Below is how the rules read on the Chevron website.My question is do you think they will still reimburse the 94.00 to pay towards part b premium if they buy Medicare health plans through me?The way I read it if they get MA through Towers Watson there wouldn't be any premium reimbursement anyway?

how does the HRA work?

Post-65 eligible retirees and/or their post-65 eligible dependents will receive the monthly company contribution into an HRA. You can use
the money in your HRA to help pay the monthly premiums for your Medicare Part B or any of the individual medical, prescription drug,
dental or vision plans offered through OneExchange. Your HRA can only be used to pay these specific coverage premiums; it can’t be
used to pay for other health expenses or pay the premiums for health plans purchased outside of OneExchange. This new contribution
approach allows more flexibility in how you spend the company contribution.

http://hr2.chevron.com/usbenefits/docs/HWDP_SEP14DetailEE_RetireeMedicalCoContrib.pdf

I received a referral today from Chevron retiree who insurance is going to be handled by Towers Watson as of 1/1/17.They will get 94.00 a month reimbursement in an HSR account.Below is how the rules read on the Chevron website.My question is do you think they will still reimburse the 94.00 to pay towards part b premium if they buy Medicare health plans through me?The way I read it if they get MA through Towers Watson there wouldn't be any premium reimbursement anyway?

how does the HRA work?

Post-65 eligible retirees and/or their post-65 eligible dependents will receive the monthly company contribution into an HRA. You can use
the money in your HRA to help pay the monthly premiums for your Medicare Part B or any of the individual medical, prescription drug,
dental or vision plans offered through OneExchange. Your HRA can only be used to pay these specific coverage premiums; it can’t be
used to pay for other health expenses or pay the premiums for health plans purchased outside of OneExchange. This new contribution

http://hr2.chevron.com/usbenefits/docs/HWDP_SEP14DetailEE_RetireeMedicalCoContrib.pdf

It absolutely depends on how it was set up by Chevron.

I have 4 or 5 clients that are ATT retirees, but the Part D or vision plan from the HRA provider and get the Med Supp with me, then submit for reimbursement.

Call them and tell them you are calling for your dad and ask. :)

The towers Watson exchange works like the Aon exchange for ATT retirees. I have an agent friend who recently did it for a customer. She got the PDP from towers Watson and the supp from him.

how does the HRA work?

The PDF you attached seems pretty straightforward to me. Medical coverage has to be obtained through OneExchange when first eligible and maintained through OneExchange in order to be keep being eligible for HRA-reimbursement. Not sure where you're reading where you think MA doesn't qualify.

It absolutely depends on how it was set up by Chevron.

I have 4 or 5 clients that are ATT retirees, but the Part D or vision plan from the HRA provider and get the Med Supp with me, then submit for reimbursement.

Call them and tell them you are calling for your dad and ask. :)

I did some AT&T retirees that way and it went fine. They just got the Part D through One Exchange.

The PDF you attached seems pretty straightforward to me. Medical coverage has to be obtained through OneExchange when first eligible and maintained through OneExchange in order to be keep being eligible for HRA-reimbursement. Not sure where you're reading where you think MA doesn't qualify.

So they lose the 94.00 per month that can be used for part B reimbursement if they use an outside agent for med supp or ma.Since part B premium is not bought from an outside agent I thought maybe this was an opening

So they lose the 94.00 per month that can be used for part B reimbursement if they use an outside agent for med supp or ma.Since part B premium is not bought from an outside agent I thought maybe this was an opening

I did a few with AT&T and quite a few with GE retirees. They had to buy something through the exchange to get the reimbursement. Most of the ones I dealt with bought their part D through the exchange.

Part B would not be considered something bought through the exchange.

dental or vision plans offered through OneExchange.

You must be enrolled in at least medical coverage through OneExchange.

These seem to me to be the two items that affect you. I read those to say they cannot buy Medigap or MA/MAPD plans from you, but they could buy PDP, Dental, Vision and/or Hearing coverage. (2x if you have husband and wife.)

I did a few with AT&T and quite a few with GE retirees. They had to buy something through the exchange to get the reimbursement. Most of the ones I dealt with bought their part D through the exchange.

Part B would not be considered something bought through the exchange.

"You can use the money in your HRA to help pay the monthly premiums for your Medicare Part B".

It says the money can be used to pay for Part B. $94 won't even be enough to pay for Part B. If they sign up for Part B through One Exchange to take advantage of the HRA, wouldn't they then be free to buy their Med Supp elsewhere. Might be worth a phone call.

"You can use the money in your HRA to help pay the monthly premiums for your Medicare Part B".

It says the money can be used to pay for Part B. $94 won't even be enough to pay for Part B. If they sign up for Part B through One Exchange to take advantage of the HRA, wouldn't they then be free to buy their Med Supp elsewhere. Might be worth a phone call.

With AT&T and GE that wasn't an option. But they have different deals with all the companies.

I don't remember who did Whirlpool's but it was a terrible deal compared to AT&T and GE.

Back