Transamerica Med Supp - Yes/No?

How many of you use Trans for Med Supps. They appear to be competitive in my areas, but I don't have them. Are they worth picking up?

Never used them, but here In Calif, and esp in Norcal....them & IAC are always the lowest. As far as u/w, agent support & cust serv, I dont know. But Ive used Trans for FE, app sucked, but agent support was good.

I used TA in the past but stopped when it was apparent they made up rules as they went along. It got so bad I reported them to the CA-DOI with the expected results. So I just told them where to go and stopped using them.

Shortly thereafter they had a 10% followed by a 25% rate increase in Oregon. I don't trust the company.

And now IAC is following in their footsteps. Cancelled all non-res agents in Oregon and no longer appointing new agents in CA. I'm pretty sure they'll cancel non-res agent contacts in the near future.

Rick

I used TA in the past but stopped when it was apparent they made up rules as they went along. It got so bad I reported them to the CA-DOI with the expected results. So I just told them where to go and stopped using them.

Shortly thereafter they had a 10% followed by a 25% rate increase in Oregon. I don't trust the company.

And now IAC is following in their footsteps. Cancelled all non-res agents in Oregon and no longer appointing new agents in CA. I'm pretty sure they'll cancel non-res agent contacts in the near future.

Rick
I can attest to what both you gurus are saying. My bad experience with Trans was all it took for my manager to nix them from our list of go-to's, despite their favorable pricing. Could not trust them. Poor customer handling, too.

We stopped recruiting to Trans for their Med Supps for the exact reason that Rick stated above. Things are beginning to change over there though, so we're going to try them again.

We stopped recruiting to Trans for their Med Supps for the exact reason that Rick stated above. Things are beginning to change over there though, so we're going to try them again.
Good luck! Would be interested in knowing how that turns out for you.

Don't they have two Medigap products? One for brokers and another (lower priced one) for Medicare Private Exchanges like Aon uses?

I love using Transamerica. Good rates great comp but a little (lot) anal on filling out the app. They have a convention that is pretty sweet too, this year is Hawaii.

Their rates have held up pretty well in Missouri also.

What state are you in?

Back