Tri-care Proof of Prior Coverage

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
I have a client who is recently divorced, that had Tri-care coverage. Medicare is saying that she had no prescription coverage for the last year, only medical. Which is odd, since Tri-care covered everything. Anyone have an easy way to get proof of coverage from them?

She should have an exit letter when the divorce made her lose coverage. If not, she can get another one. It will take time.

I have a client who is recently divorced, that had Tri-care coverage. Medicare is saying that she had no prescription coverage for the last year, only medical. Which is odd, since Tri-care covered everything. Anyone have an easy way to get proof of coverage from them?

Medicare doesn't send a letter concerning this however if she recently applied for a mapd or pdp the carrier she applied to has to send a letter to everyone who applied past their IEP that ask to attest to prior creditable coverage.Many people misread this letter so that's why I always warn my clients that they will be getting this letter- and even some of those I warn still freak out when they receive it.

Back