UHC at It Again

unic.consulting

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a client whose doctor informed him that their office would no longer be accepting UHC Medicare as of Jan 1. He called UHC to see what he should do, and their response was to switch him to their $0 premium plan, cutting me out completely - AND not helping him keep his doctor anyway.

Before you say anything, he wasn't a strong client of mine - I work with his wife who has an off-exchange plan, and he realized he should have some coverage too - so I'm not surprised he went straight to UHC instead of talking to me.

I have a client whose doctor informed him that their office would no longer be accepting UHC Medicare as of Jan 1. He called UHC to see what he should do, and their response was to switch him to their $0 premium plan, cutting me out completely - AND not helping him keep his doctor anyway.

Before you say anything, he wasn't a strong client of mine - I work with his wife who has an off-exchange plan, and he realized he should have some coverage too - so I'm not surprised he went straight to UHC instead of talking to me.

UHC sent out a memo that if a client calls in and switches to a $0 premium plan (if it's a new option), then you remain the agent of record. Not that it will help with the doctor issue but at least you get paid.

UHC making it tough to sell MAPDs in Chattanooga as they are war with one of, if not the largest hospital/doc networks in Hamilton Co TN. Would be down to 1 of 3 big hospital/doc networks. They are still negotiating, but letters have been going out to clients. Of course some members I talk to don't like/have heard negative about Humana, BX, and Cigna.

UHC making it tough to sell MAPDs in Chattanooga as they are war with one of, if not the largest hospital/doc networks in Hamilton Co TN. Would be down to 1 of 3 big hospital/doc networks. They are still negotiating, but letters have been going out to clients. Of course some members I talk to don't like/have heard negative about Humana, BX, and Cigna.

They pissed off a big hospital here too.
Parkview and UHC negotiating separation | WANE

UHC sent out a memo that if a client calls in and switches to a $0 premium plan (if it's a new option), then you remain the agent of record. Not that it will help with the doctor issue but at least you get paid.

Well that's good to know at least. My portal just shows him as terminated 12/31/14

I just got contracted with them for the under 65 folks and got a welcome letter yesterday that informed me NO COMMISSIONS WILL BE PAID UNTIL $500 worth has accrued.

I just got contracted with them for the under 65 folks and got a welcome letter yesterday that informed me NO COMMISSIONS WILL BE PAID UNTIL $500 worth has accrued.

That sucks....you talking monthly or annualized? Hope it's monthly (basturds)

----------

Meaning, once we total $500 we get paid monthly, regardless if it is $25 or $125

That sucks....you talking monthly or annualized? Hope it's monthly (basturds)

----------

Meaning, once we total $500 we get paid monthly, regardless if it is $25 or $125

Meaning you will get paid once a month as long as it is $500 or more no checks will go out for less than $500.

Back