Uhc agent successor program

It may be a regional thing because I find my MA business to have higher retention. In most cases they are locked in for the majority of the year and cant move anyway, and the low income ones dont think they can move either (forget what they'e been told) Also they are on a zero premium plan there are very few plans they will consider switching to. "You mean I actually have to PAY??" Also the rate increases on MA premiums are much lower than Med Supps. I think all these are factors.

I'm speaking of them staying with one carrier. My MA clients are with me for a long time, but not with the same carrier.

As the market matures and carriers finally stick with plan designs, the migrating of clients from one plan/carrier to another will decrease and then the value of a book with one specific carrier will increase in value.

That's just it. It's lifetime but I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the plan most of my clients are on, leaving me to run a treadmill through AEP to stay where I am. There's also a new AOR retention plan to protect ICA's from other agents rewriting their clients.

That's just it. It's lifetime but I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the plan most of my clients are on, leaving me to run a treadmill through AEP to stay where I am. There's also a new AOR retention plan to protect ICA's from other agents rewriting their clients.

I thought that AOR protection is for both ICA and FMO agents . I am positive it only protects your AOR if your member is enrolled by UHC telesales in to a different UHC MA plan .Not sure either if this AOR protection applies if your current member self enrolls on medicare.gov or a UHC consumer website.

you're right. It protects you from telesales agents not other ICA or FMO agents

Good news for agents! Our Agent of Record (AOR) Retention Policy now applies year-round!
How does it work?
If a current UnitedHealthcare® member (details around plans below) enrolls in another UnitedHealthcare plan through Telesales or via web or paper application without the assistance of a renewal eligible agent any time throughout the year, the original AOR and associated renewal commissions will be retained if eligibility requirements have been met. In addition, renewals will be reinstated monthly all year long!
What’s included?
Your AOR status will be retained when members make a plan change from any UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage (MA), Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD), Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) or Chronic Special Needs Plan (CSNP) to another UnitedHealthcare MA, MAPD, DSNP or CSNP.

Back