UHC AARP Med Supp Charge Backs

Dix86

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone else getting mysterious charge backs on AARP Med Supp policies? I have got a total of 12 in the last two months totaling about 1,100. They are all 10-1-14 and now 11-1-14 effective dates, so they are charging back on the 1 year anniversary. I have talked to all the clients and they are all still active policy holders who have not made any changes. I have an outstanding service request with their fabulous (read terrible) customer service department since 10-21.... They cannot tell me why these policies have been charged back..... I hate them so much, why must I live in FL?

Yep, me too. You have to call uhc with each customer information and they will escalate it, they have no idea why its happening. Gotta keep an eye on them a bit to much for my liking.

I've done that already, still no response. I'm sure they are busy with AEP but if you are gonna take money away from someone you should be able to tell them why.............. Unless you are UHC

As I understand the new rules, after speaking with several companies, the only change is that when someone is on a PDP and they switch to an MAPD, this will no longer be considered a new enrollment and will only be paid as a renewal. There are many issues with companies screwing up our commissions, but the change that will affect our commissions long term is the lost money making this particular change.

We will only get paid prorata on these deals. If someone was new to Medicare and selected PDP only, we will only receive the renewal commission unless there are remaining months in the first year of coverage. So, if renewal commission is 214 and client was enrolled for 10 months in PDP before switching to MAPD or MA agent would receive $214 plus $35 (2 months of initial enrollment commission). In essence, a true-up is only for new to Medicare in most cases (unless client does not obtain part D coverage).

This is my understanding.

As I understand the new rules, after speaking with several companies, the only change is that when someone is on a PDP and they switch to an MAPD, this will no longer be considered a new enrollment and will only be paid as a renewal. There are many issues with companies screwing up our commissions, but the change that will affect our commissions long term is the lost money making this particular change.

We will only get paid prorata on these deals. If someone was new to Medicare and selected PDP only, we will only receive the renewal commission unless there are remaining months in the first year of coverage. So, if renewal commission is 214 and client was enrolled for 10 months in PDP before switching to MAPD or MA agent would receive $214 plus $35 (2 months of initial enrollment commission). In essence, a true-up is only for new to Medicare in most cases (unless client does not obtain part D coverage).

This is my understanding.

How does this affect supplements?

An update to this, UHC responded finally, after about a month from initial inquiry. They admitted the chargebacks had been in error and were going to credit them back to us. They did. HOWEVER, they took the same amount from another commission statement, thus paying me back with my own money. They have yet to answer me on this issue. Is no one else being robbed by them?

Back