UHC Changes the Calendar

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
UHC sent me an email today with a notification that I had 2 Med Supps enrolled this year and that there is a minimum production requirement needed (5) to continue in the A2O program.

I hadn't read the Agent Guide recently but in the past it's always been April 1st-March 31st for the qualification period so, needless to say, I was a little concerned since I have more than needed since last April 1st.

I called Agent Services and they confirmed that it is now a calendar year for the qualifying period-the CSR said the email could have been written a little more clearly-YOU THINK? :err:

I'm sure these emails will be sent out to most UHC agents, I'm guessing they get lots of phone calls...:yes::yes:

To tell you the truth I had no idea what the program was. My email said 8 and I just assumed that was how many I've had since I moved my contract months ago. If it resets every year, how many do you need to get to the next level and what are the benefits?

Last year when I had an issue with this I learned that the 5 app production requirement was actually put in place by AARP not UHC, or at least that's what UHC told me. I thought this was strange.

To tell you the truth I had no idea what the program was. My email said 8 and I just assumed that was how many I've had since I moved my contract months ago. If it resets every year, how many do you need to get to the next level and what are the benefits?

You need a minimum of 5 annually to keep your A2O Level 1 status, I believe 30 gets you to Level 2.

Here is the exact verbiage from the UHC EDC Agent Guide:
There are two levels in the A2O program.
A2O Level 1 Benefits
 Ability to offer AARP branded products
 Access to marketing and enrollment materials for the product(s) they are authorized to offer.
A2O Level 2 Benefits
 Ability to offer AARP branded products
 Access to Level 1 marketing materials
 Exclusive access to additional sales and marketing pieces and AARP branded promotional items
 The opportunity to earn cash rewards and trips through the A2Oh! Rewards Program
A2O Level 1
In order to obtain A2O Level 1 agent status, the agent must:
 Complete one AARP branded certification requirement
 Produce a minimum of five AARP Medicare Supplement active and paid sales during the program measurement period that runs annually from January through December.

Agents who fail to attain the quality production minimum will be de-authorized from selling AARP Medicare Supplement plans for 60 days. The agent will be sent a communication if the agent has not attained the quality production minimum. Agents that fail to meet the quality production minimum for two consecutive years will be permanently de-authorized from selling the AARP Medicare Supplement plans.

Active Level 1 agents with 100 or more AARP Medicare Supplement active members in their book of business at the end of the measurement period will not be de-authorized.

Agents de-authorized from selling AARP Medicare Supplement Plans can continue to sell AARPMedicareComplete and AARPMedicareRx Plans during the de-authorization period.

I am still confused on this point. They said I have two sales as well FLM. I did see the thing where they were changing the calendar. I definitely have more than 2 from January 2016-December 2016. Do they mean that I only have 2 from 1/1/2017 through now (which sounds about right, I don't sell a whole lot of them) and I still have the rest of the year to get the other three, or have I been deauthorized?

I am still confused on this point. They said I have two sales as well FLM. I did see the thing where they were changing the calendar. I definitely have more than 2 from January 2016-December 2016. Do they mean that I only have 2 from 1/1/2017 through now (which sounds about right, I don't sell a whole lot of them) and I still have the rest of the year to get the other three, or have I been deauthorized?

That was the reason I called-I have 2 for this year as well.

The CSR said that number is for 2017 so we have the rest of the year to get the other 3.

Still does make sense the one I got said I have 3, I only had 1 since Jan and 12 last year so where does 3 come from

Unless it includes MA plans but I didn't think so

Still does make sense the one I got said I have 3, I only had 1 since Jan and 12 last year so where does 3 come from

Unless it includes MA plans but I didn't think so

It's based on effective date, not the date the app was submitted, does that make more sense now?

It doesn't include MA-they got my total correct but I'm guessing their database for these emails isn't the most accurate

Does UHC set any limit production for MAPD/PDP to keep the contract/commission? I am thinking about adding them to my medicare portfolio but it's hard to say now how many MAPD/PDP I can write with them.
BTW: Can you recommend a good FMO or should I get the contract directly from UHC?

Does UHC set any limit production for MAPD/PDP to keep the contract/commission? I am thinking about adding them to my medicare portfolio but it's hard to say now how many MAPD/PDP I can write with them.
BTW: Can you recommend a good FMO or should I get the contract directly from UHC?

They don't set a minimum for MAPD/PDP for agents, but starting at the GA level they do as follows:

GA – 5 contracted agents and either 100 MA Plans, or 100 Med Supps, or a combination of 150.
MGA – 10 contracted agents and 300 MA Plans, or 300 Med Supps, or a combination of 475.

I'll throw our hat in the ring for contracting with UHC. Just give us a call if you want to talk about it.

Back