UHC Changes to Commission Payments

Yeah well they sent me a big fat chargeback today going back for 49 mos!

Client had moved to another part of state and here I thought they just changed her address and kept me as AOR since they kept paying commissions. Same Plan.

Boy was I wrong.

Reason 392 - Just sell med supp . . . step away from the abyss

Or you can provide the product and service your client wants and never have to walk away from a prospect unless you just want to. While I prefer Med Supps, I still have a fair amount of clients who want a Medicare Advantage plan. So I provide that for them. If and when they are ready to move to a Med Supp (and can qualify), guess who they call?

----------

Yeah well they sent me a big fat chargeback today going back for 49 mos!

Client had moved to another part of state and here I thought they just changed her address and kept me as AOR since they kept paying commissions. Same Plan.

Boy was I wrong.

Well that was awfully sweet of them. If they rewrote it internally, I'd fight it. Maybe even have the client sign a letter stating they wanted you as the AOR the whole time.

Well that was awfully sweet of them. If they rewrote it internally, I'd fight it. Maybe even have the client sign a letter stating they wanted you as the AOR the whole time.

That was the SH PFFS that was phased out a couple yrs ago. I only called her once after she moved which is how I knew where she was. She changed to CIP when S Horizons left so I'm SOL.

For those of us on "as earned" for all lines we offer, this is no big deal. If making it tougher for the stick and bleed agents to enter, so be it. Let them stick to Rodan and Fields, or Send Out Cards, or That Body Wrap thing.

As earned is the way to go. If you don't have the bank to start with, get a part time job as you earn. No shame in honest work.

For those of us on "as earned" for all lines we offer, this is no big deal. If making it tougher for the stick and bleed agents to enter, so be it. Let them stick to Rodan and Fields, or Send Out Cards, or That Body Wrap thing. As earned is the way to go. If you don't have the bank to start with, get a part time job as you earn. No shame in honest work.

Can you go "as earned" on MAPD?

I've never asked. I just started doing that with some supps...

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I stand corrected.
Humana, UHC, Aetna, Cigna, Freedom do not pay as earned.
Didn't realize coventry was as earned for you Bob, for me in Fl. it is not.

Reason 392 - Just sell med supp . . . step away from the abyss

Client: I really want this zero premium plan.

Me: no ma'am. You see, I won't get paid until January. And like Tesflex said, that's the reason not to offer it. Sorry

Back