UHC Changes to Commission Payments

Just got this email from UHC... It's gonna be a tough year for new MA agents just getting started this AEP...

Changes to Agent Commissions Payments
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to providing timely and accurate payments to the agents who sell our plans and we are also committed to maintaining compliance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).

CMS issued guidance on agent compensation requirements for Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan enrollments for 2015 effective dates. To comply with this change UnitedHealthcare is not permitted to pay commissions in advance (prior to plan effective year) for enrollments with a January 1, 2015 effective date or after; this includes commissions for Open Enrollment Period applications received from October 15-December 7.

NOTE: Commissions for enrollments effective prior to January 1, 2015, including any renewal commissions will be paid according to the current payment process and commissions will be issued 7 to 14 days after an enrollment is verified.

2015 Projected Payments to Be Displayed in Commission Statement
While we are unable to pay commissions in advance for 2015, in our effort to be assist you in managing your applications, you will be able to view your "2015 projected payments" in the "Commissions Statements" section of the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal. The 2015 projected payments will be updated weekly on a separate tab on the statement and will provide a cumulative record of all projected enrollments and associated commissions to be paid in early January 2015. ( Note: For Care Improvement Plus plans there will be a report available on the Care Improvement Plus Broker Portal. Sierra plans will maintain its current commissions payment process.)

well that sux. I only got about a year's worth of renewals built up at this point. Better break out the ramon noodles...

This is going to hurt many agents. They will not have money for advertising as they go along or to pay for seminars etc.

This is going to hurt many agents. They will not have money for advertising as they go along or to pay for seminars etc.

seriously. what a great way to grow the economy out of a recession! :1arghh:

still dont make sense to me, why the agents can't choose their form of payment (advance or as earned) like they do with any other line of business

I totally agree !!! I would love as earned on all companies. Do you do seminars during aep?

I totally agree !!! I would love as earned on all companies. Do you do seminars during aep?

I'm at the point where I would want all my advances around 3-6 months. (I currently have most of them at 6-9 months). But this is going to set my plans to change my advances by at least 3 months. :1mad:

No I dont do seminars during AEP. It is my understanding that CMS doubles down on the secret shopper program during that time of year. It seems like doing a seminar during AEP would be just asking for trouble.

Back