UHC in Dire Need of New Med Supp Business. Let's Help.

Millwood

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just had UHC/AARP wiggle out of paying commission on 3 pieces of Med Supp business I wrote. Since they obviously need the commission so bad I thought I would reach out and flip some business their way.

PSA don't forget they will accept transplant recipients and cover their Part B anti-rejection drugs under Part B.

Cheers

You are partially correct on 1 of those 3 I lost. Took an app on 11-04-16 with an effective date of 1-1-17. Was certified for 2016 didn't complete 2017 certification until 11-14-16. Certification was completed before effective date of policy. Certification sure as hell isn't needed to write a policy and get it issued, only to receive commissions.

The other 2 a husband & wife got bumped out by an in house rep. I had their apps in processing. A questionnaire was sent for them to have their doctor fill out. When they called the number on the questionnaire to ask about it an in-house rep took a new app.
When we found out about it I called with the couple and withdrew that app. Submitted a second app. The app from in-house was issued.

You are partially correct on 1 of those 3 I lost. Took an app on 11-04-16 with an effective date of 1-1-17. Was certified for 2016 didn't complete 2017 certification until 11-14-16. Certification was completed before effective date of policy. Certification sure as hell isn't needed to write a policy and get it issued, only to receive commissions.

The other 2 a husband & wife got bumped out by an in house rep. I had their apps in processing. A questionnaire was sent for them to have their doctor fill out. When they called the number on the questionnaire to ask about it an in-house rep took a new app.
When we found out about it I called with the couple and withdrew that app. Submitted a second app. The app from in-house was issued.

Well that sucks. I made the mistake once a couple years ago of forgetting to re-certify. Lost that 1 commission. I was pissed, but then I got over it and wrote some more UHC. I wont make that mistake again.

Best thing you can do at this point is let it go and write some new policies. And maybe try for some referrals from that husband/wife duo.

Well that sucks. I made the mistake once a couple years ago of forgetting to re-certify. Lost that 1 commission. I was pissed, but then I got over it and wrote some more UHC. I wont make that mistake again.

Best thing you can do at this point is let it go and write some new policies. And maybe try for some referrals from that husband/wife duo.

True Story, in my 2nd year, I had already been paid In NY by switching existing plan F clients to plan N (not previously my clients)

I was surprised The 1st time they did not pay for the switch on Husb Wife policy,
This by the way was 1 of only 3 in home appointments I have ever done

Also to my surprise this very happy couple Had a daughter whose husb has a doctor office, They send me now 10 to 20 referrals a year

Back