UHC MA/MAPD Plans: What Do Y'all Think About 'em?

I heard from management yesterday that UHC was going to have a deductible($700) was mentioned on the PPO plan for out of network benefits.

They will tell us more on Sept 12th.

Slowly they have been making it more and more difficult to sell them.

When you mention "UHC PPO", are you referring to Care Improvement Plus?

In regard to UHC in Texas, it is my biggest seller in East Texas. I am referring to Care Improvement Plus. It has an open network and zero premiums on some plans.
What area of Texas are you selling?

In regard to UHC in Texas, it is my biggest seller in East Texas. I am referring to Care Improvement Plus. It has an open network and zero premiums on some plans.
What area of Texas are you selling?

What do they like about it? What does it offer beyond Original Medicare? The CIP DUAL in my area removed the FREE DENTAL and offers only the hearing aids and a limited amount of Transpo as extras. A 100% LIS can have a zero premium Rx plan and Medicare alone with lower copays for some services like physical therapy, for example.

The CIP+ Dual in North GA does not have near the extra benefits as the Dual Complete does just across the line in Chattanooga. Stripped down plan. UHC DC hasdental, some vision, health products catalog, etc.....

Yes...same here in metro Atlanta. The UHC dual is a stronger plan.
They're having a kickoff expo here next week which should be interesting.

Asked the local mgr about the $700 deduct on OON and he said no to Georgia plans.

Yes...same here in metro Atlanta. The UHC dual is a stronger plan.
They're having a kickoff expo here next week which should be interesting.

Asked the local mgr about the $700 deduct on OON and he said no to Georgia plans.

Have you seen anything on Piedmont WellStar yet? Several weeks ago Gabriel told me it was going to be a "hopefully keep what you have year". Just last week I ran into the Sales Director of another carrier at a birthday party and he told me Gabriel isn't at PW anymore (which would explain why I never got a reply from Gabriel last week when I emailed him). This Sales Director said he heard that the PW plan is going away. I can't imagine that happening considering I had to submit 2016 contracting paperwork already. I certainly hope it isn't going away. That will make my AEP extremely busy as I have a decent amount with them.

Lots of rumors about P/W and yes Gabriel quit a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you have a lot of clients down your way with that plan for they certainly dominate that area.

No one knows why they are taking so long but an agent reminded me that they weren't ready for certs last year until Sept 3 so maybe that is their norm. I hear nothing about Wellcare either.

Recontracting might have been to keep your renewals intact but they could make their products non-commissionable for new sales if they're having issues. Just a thought.

Lots of rumors about P/W and yes Gabriel quit a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you have a lot of clients down your way with that plan for they certainly dominate that area. No one knows why they are taking so long but an agent reminded me that they weren't ready for certs last year until Sept 3 so maybe that is their norm. I hear nothing about Wellcare either. Recontracting might have been to keep your renewals intact but they could make their products non-commissionable for new sales if they're having issues. Just a thought.

Non-commissionable is a good way to really slow down enrollments.

I don't know off the top of my head how many I have with them, but I'd say somewhere between 70-80. I really don't want the extra work of having to move all of those.

Lots of rumors about P/W and yes Gabriel quit a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you have a lot of clients down your way with that plan for they certainly dominate that area. No one knows why they are taking so long but an agent reminded me that they weren't ready for certs last year until Sept 3 so maybe that is their norm. I hear nothing about Wellcare either. Recontracting might have been to keep your renewals intact but they could make their products non-commissionable for new sales if they're having issues. Just a thought.

It's true Gabriel is no longer there. He's starting with a new company very soon, he just hasn't disclosed which one it is. He said that they haven't given him the ok yet waiting on some internal announcement. Lots of rumors about PW for sure, I think ppl should be ready for anything.
Unfortunately he can't discuss anything about PW either, let's just hope he lands somewhere good.

Back