UHC MA/MAPD Plans: What Do Y'all Think About 'em?

Surancedawg

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm considering an opportunity to sell MA/MAPD plans for UHC this AEP for the first time. I don't know a lot about UHC medicare advantage products, other than that their plans used to carry the lowest star ratings from CMS (where I used to live anyway). And that they've got that AARP tie-in.

The Good about them? The Bad? The Ugly?

I'm considering an opportunity to sell MA/MAPD plans for UHC this AEP for the first time. I don't know a lot about UHC medicare advantage products, other than that their plans used to carry the lowest star ratings from CMS (where I used to live anyway). And that they've got that AARP tie-in. The Good about them? The Bad? The Ugly?

Depends on where you live (keep in mind those using the forum app can't see your flag). In some areas they have competitive plans. Not so much in other areas.

Depends on where you live (keep in mind those using the forum app can't see your flag). In some areas they have competitive plans. Not so much in other areas.

Isn't UHC the King of the Zero Premium plans? I know those can have higher OOP costs, but I was under the impression that's what made them so popular.

I'm marketing them in Texas.

Isn't UHC the King of the Zero Premium plans? I know those can have higher OOP costs, but I was under the impression that's what made them so popular. I'm marketing them in Texas.

Depends on what other plans are available in your area. You should go on the Medicare plan finder and look up the plans available in the counties in which you will work.

UHC may very well be a great plan there, but I'd rather find out BEFORE I committed to only having one arrow in my quiver.

I heard from management yesterday that UHC was going to have a deductible($700) was mentioned on the PPO plan for out of network benefits.

They will tell us more on Sept 12th.

Slowly they have been making it more and more difficult to sell them.

Yep that is correct.
Every plan in my area that is a ppo now has an out of network deductible, we are all being pushed to sell hmo

Their HMO out here has close to 50% market share because of decent built in benefits. I have half my book with them.

In my basic area UHC should be more competitive. Last year just before AEP they entered into a war with hospitals and suddenly the network was ****. In January and February they kissed and made up. In March many of the old Docs and hospitals returned and they have been adding docs all spring and summer. Last AEP all you heard about UHC was negative and they truly had an abysmal network on paper Oct-December.

Back