UHC--will Strip Me of Renewals?

Personally, I'd never come onto a public Forum and admit that I couldn't pass the certification in 6 tries in front of over 78,000 members. I'd just go shoot myself.:goofy:

That's probably why new user names and new email addresses were invented.

Did it ever occur to you I DID get help? A agent friend of mine and I, with FORTY YEARS combined experience and the text open failed three times.

So, I guess the old saying, "two heads are better than one" didn't hold true in this case? :biggrin:

Sorry...you brought it to the Forum, and it's just so damned easy... couldn't pass it up.;)

Sorry for your loss.

----------

That's probably why new user names and new email addresses were invented.

That's one of the reasons.:laugh:

I'm still at a loss seeing a self proclaimed "Medicare Guy" fail it on 6 tries. And not only that, he had help from a 14 year vet who couldn't help.

I truly do feel bad though, I would be just as upset as he is but it is what it is. And I can't see how a lawyer can help here. Just an expensive lesson learned.

I'm assuming you're not losing out on too much in renewals if the test was a little difficult. Am I correct? I don't put all my eggs in one basket but I would probably be losing out on $3k per month ugh

I am sorry, I dont feel bad, If it were 3 tries I might feel bad, But 6 tries and the test is fairly easy.

If someone cant pass in 6 tries that person is probably a danger to his prospects

I am sorry, I dont feel bad, If it were 3 tries I might feel bad, But 6 tries and the test is fairly easy.

If someone cant pass in 6 tries that person is probably a danger to his prospects

I wouldn't go that far. There are many questions about product not relevant to an agent's typical service area. When I was in So Cal do you think I really cared about the MA plans in Oakland?

However, since it's my income and career, I would make sure to pass, even going so far as to open two windows and just do a search.

Rick

It doesn't usually happen to me with certifications (and UHC, as others have mentioned, is really easy relative to some others) but I went down to the final try with Wellcare last year (I have one client with them) and really sweated the last try even for the one client renewal-I did pass, though, because I searched for the answer on every question that I wasn't absolutely sure of.

Had it been a company where I had a larger book there is no chance I would let it go past the first failure before doing the above, I work too hard to add new clients to let a failed certification potentially stop an important income source.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far. There are many questions about product not relevant to an agent's typical service area. When I was in So Cal do you think I really cared about the MA plans in Oakland?

However, since it's my income and career, I would make sure to pass, even going so far as to open two windows and just do a search.

Rick

I get that But 6 tries, If it were 3 I would be more compassionate.How many questions are like that and its fairly easy too look those up

I get that But 6 tries, If it were 3 I would be more compassionate.How many questions are like that and its fairly easy too look those up

And 85% is the passing grade, many other companies require 90% and that makes a big difference on a 20 question exam (3 wrong still passes at 85% but fails at 90%)

And 85% is the passing grade, many other companies require 90% and that makes a big difference on a 20 question exam (3 wrong still passes at 85% but fails at 90%)

Hey Listen in my first year I went to 3rd try on humana,B (I am still convinced they were wrong on one question) Before I passed

But 6 tries man, I just cant get passed that, Besides like you said if I were past 3 tries I would be on forum asking for help, I would be on the phone with FMO, I would be online looking for answers,

I mean residuel at stake, To fail 6 times is just irresponsible period

Back