Underwriting Comparison Guide

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was wondering if anybody has a Underwriting comparison Guide for a bunch of carriers. I have it for Life of what carriers niche are. Just wondering if anybody has anything like that.

I was wondering if anybody has a Underwriting comparison Guide for a bunch of carriers. I have it for Life of what carriers niche are. Just wondering if anybody has anything like that.

The csgactuarial Medicare supplement quote tool has underwriting info. Its really slick, and has some tough cases for me.

Yes I am speaking about medicare supplements.

Since the thread where Ben Boman and Twilight shared there's for FE, I've started putting my own together and when I finish the FE cheat sheet I'm going to do one for Med Supps. It won't take near as long because I'm a Med Supp guy, so I'm already familiar with the products, but I'll still learn more when I do it. It'll take a while to finish the FE one, as it's a work in progress. I've picked up 3 more carriers since I started(17 now and 16 for Med Supps, LOL).

It's very time consuming, but I recommend you do it yourself because you'll know your products so much better after you do this. I learned that I have a carrier that'll do $10K without a script check and they have fairly competitive rates. I've had them for 4 years and never used them. They'll come in handy now that ACI's going to a script check in a few days.

----------

The csgactuarial Medicare supplement quote tool has underwriting info. Its really slick, and has some tough cases for me.

I don't think that's very accurate. On lots of conditions it says the condition's not asked about on the app, when it is. That is a great site though.

Why 16 Med Supp carriers? Have you placed business with all of them?

Are there enough niches to be carved out that warrants 16?

Why 16 Med Supp carriers? Have you placed business with all of them?

Are there enough niches to be carved out that warrants 16?

Hahaha, no only 1/2 of them. I get info or a call to look at a new one and think that looks good. Or I pick one up after it's been out for a while and they have a price increase, so there it sits. I recently picked up a couple of them and after looking closer I wondered why I bothered. One I picked up for the dental and they have a Med Supp. Another I picked up for FE and they've got a Med Supp. One thing's for sure...I don't need any more of either.:laugh:

Edit...I just recounted and it's only 15. Not as bad as I thought.

Another I picked up for FE and they've got a Med Supp.

KSKJ?

I did the same with Cigna, picked it up and u/w was too tight and rates not low enough. Every other one that comes out now is through AIMC or a MOO clone, so I just stick with the tried and true. Not any "compelling" new offerings lately.

Back