United American Essential Now Has Different Copays on Medicare's Website

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I had a client call today that I ran his prescriptions on Medicare's website. I sent printouts for Silver Script and United American Those were the two companies that came in as most competative and he uses Walmart. I sent him printouts and it shows with United American he had $0 copays on all but one of his medications. He called me back and told me to help him get enrolled.

I went back to Medicare's website and entered in his druglist ID and password date just to review and now all of a sudden it no longer shows $0 copays at Walmart.

Did Medicare make a mistake and list preferred pharmacies on this plan when they weren't? It looks like they've fixed the problem with their wrong information but it makes me wonder how many people got enrolled into this plan on wrong information

Anyone writing United American Essential

I try not to recommend UA products, but for a different reason. Another agent passed this along a few days ago.

The only pharmacy that can be used with the United American Essential plan is CVS. Medicare.gov doesn’t calculate it that way. It gives the same costs regardless of the pharmacy. If you’ve recommended that plan to anyone you’ll need to make sure they either use CVS or switch plans.

Thanks for the response Somarco. Yes, it does look like CVS is the only preferred retailer for United American Essential and Yes,, it looks like as of today Medicare caught the mistake but how many people have enrolled into this plan thinking they're all set for the year then in January they're going to find out they don't have the $0 copays. I know I'm going back and will have to talk to about 5 or 6 people.

Mcare.gov PDP calculations have been #^)$&% up for almost a month. I thought they would get straightened out by the 15th.

Obviously not .............

I try not to recommend UA products, but for a different reason. ...

Reason #1 UA doesn't pay agent's commissions or finder fee's for their PDP!

Reason #2 Their PDP Star Rating is very low (varies by Region). With this years sales volume, UA had better be ready for prime time -- otherwise, CMS will pull their plug!

Reason #3 PDP Customer Service is nothing like their awesome MedSupp Customer Service -- SEE REASON #2!!!

Ain't that just hunky freakin dory!!! We've enrolled dozens in that plan. There is one plan every year that is messed up.

Lisa estimates that we will run over 700 pdp reviews by the time it is all said and done.

----------

Not as bad as I thought, we only have to re-work the ones that we ran with Wal Mart, all others already showed Standard Cost sharing.

Called one client, she actually lives closer to CVS than WM, she is moving her pharmacy choice instead of plan choice. Using WM and changing to the best plan for them was Humana WM Preferred, staying with UA Essential and moving to CVS was $300 cheaper.

Good question. I bet there will be a ton of folks upset. In rural areas like me, it is even more harming. Most of my clients are not anywhere near a CVS.

I've been going back and contacting the few clients I enrolled into this plan and telling them, don't worry, we can still make changes and showing them the other alternatives. You're right, CVS just isn't an option in my areas as well. Can you imagine all of the people that have called in to Medicare throughout the US wanting to price out their drug plans and enrolling through Medicare based on wrong info. from Oct 1st through now.

I hope Medicare goes back and contacts them like we're doing. Otherwise I think they'll be a new SEP for 2015....the code for this SEP from Medicare could be OOPS lol

Back