United American Medicare Supplement

Gordon,

You have to remember that jacob is the guy who sells the plans that are easiest for him and make him the most commission. His number one priority is NOT to take care of the potential client.

fg, don't listen to jacob, he's just trying to keep up with Rick's asshole quota.

I have clients that won't do business with MOO. Same for AARP and BCBS. I almost had then one time, MOO was way cheaper, but they still went with #2 on the list. No biggie. Not stupid at all.

She gets paid either way.

this is a pretty stupid way to sell Med Supps (or any policy). Let them choose? Are you their agent or their order-taker? LOL

I can't believe I am stooping to your level to even make a comment to this statement.........

I get paid the least with Gerber and AARPUHC but if that is what the client wants, that is what I write. As said earlier, some don't want to be associated with AARP, BC or Humana.

When it comes to an underwritten product, I decide which one we will write based on the questions they answer. If they qualify for them all, what is the harm letting them decide - they typically go with the lowest priced based on the plan.

this is a pretty stupid way to sell Med Supps (or any policy). Let them choose? Are you their agent or their order-taker? LOL

What an ***..... You will never be as big of an a** as Rick, so quit trying.

Please enlighten everybody on the correct way of doing it, and then tell us how many med. supps you sell a year.

FloridaGirl, if your way works for you, and you know it, keep doing it.

Last edited:
Yes, please do not listen to that. It's been my experience that people don't like to be sold anything, but they love to buy something or in better terms, make empowered decisions.

Empower your client to pick the best product that fits them based on the very accurate, honest and informed details you provide and they'll likely be your client for a long time.

Otherwise, they could get buyer's remorse and shift as soon as the more prepared agent calls. Rest assured... there is always another agent right behind you calling your clients.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gordon,

You have to remember that jacob is the guy who sells the plans that are easiest for him and make him the most commission. His number one priority is NOT to take care of the potential client.

So now that Plan N isn't G/I at 21% what is he selling?
:D

Last edited:
I'm going to agree with Jacob here. I do not lay out the companies and prices and say "pick one".

I recommend one and I will tell them why I'm making that recommendation, but, I sure as hell don't do multiple choice.

I just did a UoO this week. I told the guy that Forethought was $1/mo. less, but had a policy fee and that's why I didn't offer them to him.

I'm not big in med sups, but I do write over 300 life apps per year. I don't do multple choice on them either.

No way I would tell someone, "you qualify for RNA, Foresters, Americo, 5 Star, AmCon, UHL and AmAm. Here's the prices for all of them, pick one you like."

I don't lay them all out on paper either, but I do tell them the rates of a couple of the most competitive carriers. I tell them why I'm recommending a specific carrier (this carrier has the lowest rates in the state). I want them to know I am looking out for their best interest. When they don't know you from Adam, it's good that they see you as the person whose goal is to get them the best plan and not just being a quick hit artist.

The problem with jacob is that he is on record as stating he does what's best for him, not the client. So for him to call someone an *** for the way they do business, well...

deasy... I'm with you to a certain extent. I'm not showing them every available company etc etc.

I do however show them 3 and sometimes 4 carriers. It really just depends on the client. The worse it generally ever gets is 4 carriers and plans D, F, G & N.

I give them my reco based on the situation, and then ask for their feedback. I don't and wouldn't advocate just handing them a sheet with a list of quotes and say pick one.

But ultimately they end up picking it based on the info presented. More often than not, they take my reco.

Last edited:
Sounds like JD and Sman are saying the same thing only differently. They are both making a recommendation of one company and explaining why.

When selling Med Supps I already know the Plan and the company I am going to recommend to them. Also like both of them I will let them know why I am making that recommendation. Very seldom will I waver from that unless they are insistent on taking a policy with a particular company.

In my experience most seniors do not care what company it is, they are more concerned about how much they will pay and very, very seldom will they pay more than they are currently paying.

Frank I think I asked you this before but...

Are you still pushing D over G? I tend to push G more now than I used to since they've elevated the excess charges.

I'm guessing that more doctors will quit accepting assignment, due to lowered reimbursements.

Latest posts

Back