United American Medicare Supplement

In most cases a 25% reduction would put them in the hunt with mainstream carriers but not enough to make me want to offer them to clients.

25% rate reduction is ONLY on high deductible Plan F in most states-all other plans rates are usually the higher then the other companies-if someone wants& is able to pay the first $2000 themselves out of pocket-that plan may look good-if they are in real good health-lifetime renewals is the pitch to the agent-how many people to you run into that would go for a High Dec Plan F is the real question?

Curious as to why you would not want to offer them.

A 25% reduction in rates only puts them "in the hunt" and being "in the hunt" isn't good enough.

In order to make a consistent living selling med supps you need to sell the company with the "blockbuster" rates. Find the company with the rates the blow everyone else away...

And UA isn't it.

Around here (CA), UA would need a -40% cut to be "in the hunt".
When Medicare Standardization began in 1993, this killed UA.
I haven't run into a UA med supp in over 15 years.

A 25% reduction in rates only puts them "in the hunt" and being "in the hunt" isn't good enough.

In order to make a consistent living selling med supps you need to sell the company with the "blockbuster" rates. Find the company with the rates the blow everyone else away...

And UA isn't it.

I have been writing mostly AARPUHC and Gerber. BC of FL has had a rate reduction and their rates are excellent. I can write for them but didn't realize it until recently. I have been writing BC under 65 for a couple of years.

I always give client quote on Gerber, AARPUHC, MofO, BC, and Humana and let them choose the carrier. And I am thinking, why do I need to add another to the mix unless they can offer something the others cannot.

Exactly. First thing I ask for when contacted about a new company or rate are the rates via email or fax. If they are not in the hunt then shoot the dog and leave it alone.

If a company is within 5-10% of my lowest three then I'll pick them up. If one of the cheapest three takes a rate increase then that might put them on the bottom.

I always give client quote on Gerber, AARPUHC, MofO, BC, and Humana and let them choose the carrier.

this is a pretty stupid way to sell Med Supps (or any policy). Let them choose? Are you their agent or their order-taker? LOL

fg, don't listen to jacob, he's just trying to keep up with Rick's asshole quota.

I have clients that won't do business with MOO. Same for AARP and BCBS. I almost had then one time, MOO was way cheaper, but they still went with #2 on the list. No biggie. Not stupid at all.

She gets paid either way.

Back