United American

Oh ok. I think he was confusing me. He was probably talking about door knocking off the list. He made it sound like they were "leads".

I assume this list is provided by UA.

I then wonder how updated it is. Since you will be driving around I would assume it up to date.

The T65 list as I understand it comes out every month, with the names of those that will turn 65 in the next 6 months. If you make a request then the names for that area would be provided

He said there was nothing in writing. He gets the credit and passes it along or something like that.

So the leads and credit are all outlined in a "lead contract" ?

I assume you must use their lead system ?

Yes the lead credit is outlined in the contract, but the MGA can also purchase leads from his own lead account and give his agents to ramp up production to build their own lead account.
There is no expiration on the lead balance. You can pick a lead vendor from the UA approved list.

Oh ok. I think he was confusing me. He was probably talking about door knocking off the list. He made it sound like they were "leads".

I assume this list is provided by UA.

I then wonder how updated it is. Since you will be driving around I would assume it up to date.

He said there was nothing in writing. He gets the credit and passes it along or something like that.

So the leads and credit are all outlined in a "lead contract" ?

I assume you must use their lead system ?

Sounds like he is offering an LOA contract with assigned commissions. I don't know what UA does these days but in the past, UA only contracted with GAs and none of the agents had a contract direct with the company.

The only product worth selling is Hi F. If you can make a living selling Hi F, go for it.

BTW, they pair it with an annuity at $0 commission.

Suh-weet.

Depending on your state they have a decent cancer plan. I only mention it because they are one of the few in my state with an approved cancer plan.

Sounds like he is offering an LOA contract with assigned commissions. I don't know what UA does these days but in the past, UA only contracted with GAs and none of the agents had a contract direct with the company.

I really would not have been happy about that. He sure didn't want to e-mail me anything. I would not be suprised if it was an assignment of commissions.

When I asked about getting an open release, he said he has never heard of such a thing as he only worked for UA for many years as was new to being independent.

I really would not have been happy about that. He sure didn't want to e-mail me anything. I would not be suprised if it was an assignment of commissions.

When I asked about getting an open release, he said he has never heard of such a thing as he only worked for UA for many years as was new to being independent.

Sounds like you should chalk that one up on the "Pass" board.. :yes:

I don't know about now, but I was part of their captive side until 1999. When I left they still had the captive side.

I don't know about now, but I was part of their captive side until 1999. When I left they still had the captive side.

That must have come about with Torchmark.. In the 70s and 80s they were a GA operation.. Bill and Bob Smallwood out of GA were one of the top GAs and they ran their operations captive.. Harold Manner of TN was also a top GA.

That must have come about with Torchmark.. In the 70s and 80s they were a GA operation.. Bill and Bob Smallwood out of GA were one of the top GAs and they ran their operations captive.. Harold Manner of TN was also a top GA.

That's correct. I was captive with Globe Life. Globe bought United American, then Globe's founder died and his widow sold the company to Liberty National...then Torchmark was formed. Because of UA's broader distribution, Torchmark changed our contracts to UA and made Globe strictly mail order, which they'd already been doing for decades.

I really enjoyed working for Globe. When Torchmark took over, it went downhill.

That's correct. I was captive with Globe Life. Globe bought United American, then Globe's founder died and his widow sold the company to Liberty National...then Torchmark was formed. Because of UA's broader distribution, Torchmark changed our contracts to UA and made Globe strictly mail order, which they'd already been doing for decades.

I really enjoyed working for Globe. When Torchmark took over, it went downhill.

I love it when you OLD guys talk shop.

Latest posts

Back