United American

By looking at their web site, I seems like you can contract directly.

SLAICO has a lower premium High Ded. F plan. No iGo e-app with SLAICO, but you can enroll over the phone.

Wish I saw this conversation earlier today.
I remember the Smallwood's and was part of the sales team in the 80's. I had just left Associated Doctors/Birmingham, Ala and thought I did well with them, but going door to door with the UA product proved to be very lucrative.

Then things changed.

Wish I saw this conversation earlier today.
I remember the Smallwood's and was part of the sales team in the 80's. I had just left Associated Doctors/Birmingham, Ala and thought I did well with them, but going door to door with the UA product proved to be very lucrative.

Then things changed.

Whatever happened to the Smallwods? Those were the days when they and Harold Manner (American Insurance Services) use to go neck and neck as UA's top producing agency. Harold died a while back .. Up until just a few weeks before his death, he was still working the telephone and recruiting agents from his room in the nursing home.... an amazing man.

I love it when you OLD guys talk shop.

How about 60% first year commission with UA???
With one of my med supp carriers(Pioneer Life) back then, I got 70% first year.
If I remember correctly, Bill Smallwood was from Georgia?
Standardization in 1992 ruined all the fun.

How about 60% first year commission with UA???
With one of my med supp carriers(Pioneer Life) back then, I got 70% first year.
If I remember correctly, Bill Smallwood was from Georgia?
Standardization in 1992 ruined all the fun.

Yep.. Believe about everybody was doing UA and then switched to Pioneeer because of lower premiums... Not only 60%-70% first year but 15%-17% lifetime renewals.. But the best part was submitting nets.. Put the check payable to the company in your bank account, send the company their share and keep the rest. Probably did 80%+ on an annual premium mode.. Made for some nice immediate paydays. :yes:

----------

Seem to have found Bill Smallwood's son, National Consultants is now American Eagle..And from what I find on the net, they are still having agents assign commissions and not paying them after they leave.. Some things never change.
American Eagle Consultants. About Our Agency

They keep calling and bombarding my email trying to get me appointed. I'm sure it will only keep going the closer to AEP we get, though they say they just do med supp.

Any experience with the carrier out there? They talk a big game about their exclusive leads program that is little or no cost. What peeves me is that they will pass the state appointment fee on to me...

Thanks.

Don't bother with them, the commissions are so low on an hdf that its not worth spending the time to write it.

You have to sell this little extra thing with an hdf so they have electronic filing, a total joke in my opinion

Back