United Healthcare and Irma

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
Pretty nice thing that UHC is offering.

"Payments During Hurricane Irma: We Are Here for You

We at UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions have watched the devastation in your community caused by Hurricane Irma. Our hearts go out to you and all those impacted by the storm.

As a part of the UnitedHealthcare family, we want you to know that we are here for you during this difficult time. We have specifically identified you as an agent in an affected area in Florida, and would like to offer you the ability to receive your remaining 2017 monthly renewal payments immediately, in a lump sum payment."

Pretty nice thing that UHC is offering.

"Payments During Hurricane Irma: We Are Here for You

We at UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions have watched the devastation in your community caused by Hurricane Irma. Our hearts go out to you and all those impacted by the storm.

As a part of the UnitedHealthcare family, we want you to know that we are here for you during this difficult time. We have specifically identified you as an agent in an affected area in Florida, and would like to offer you the ability to receive your remaining 2017 monthly renewal payments immediately, in a lump sum payment."

I got the same text and am on the phone waiting to speak with a CSR, that is a really nice offer and one I will gladly accept.
------------------------------------------------
Update: I was added to the list and they are depositing funds by EFT in, on the average, of 8 business days.

This is a great way for companies like UHC to take care of their agents whether we've been hurt by the storms or not :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Last edited:
I got the same text and am on the phone waiting to speak with a CSR, that is a really nice offer and one I will gladly accept.
------------------------------------------------
Update: I was added to the list and they are depositing funds by EFT in, on the average, of 8 business days.

This is a great way for companies like UHC to take care of their agents whether we've been hurt by the storms or not :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

When I saw it tears came to my eyes. Unfortunately I only have one renewal with them as I started last year AEP with them. But in general I love how they pay.
I see many companies even refuse to pay before a month end holiday.
My main MAPD Humana/ Wellcare nothing from them.
As a maater of fact Humana just agreed to pay for switching a beneficiary to SNP before 3 months in the plan. Still waiting to get paid.:yes:

As a part of the UnitedHealthcare family, we want you to know that we are here for you during this difficult time. We have specifically identified you as an agent in an affected area in Florida

That is very cool. I hope you (and all other agents on the board in FL and TX) came through OK.

I just got a secure email from UHC, they initiated a manual EFT for my remaining renewals for 2017 today (within 24 hours of my request). :biggrin:

Cmon, Humana and Aetna, why are you letting UHC make you look bad?:no::no::no::no:

I just got a secure email from UHC, they initiated a manual EFT for my remaining renewals for 2017 today (within 24 hours of my request). :biggrin:

Cmon, Humana and Aetna, why are you letting UHC make you look bad?:no::no::no::no:

Does this include Med-supps?

hmmm.. only email I got from UHC was that my renewals were going to be late... I guess they don't consider Citrus County a disaster area

Does this include Med-supps?

Yes, MAPD, PDP and Med Supps are included, they sent me a summary of the payments for each category in an email

----------

I got that email too, but they paid my med-supp renewals.

I already received my Sept Med Supp renewals and some of my MAPD, they are paying me for the rest of the year for everything in a separate EFT. Here is the body of the email:

Thank you for your recent correspondence. This is a courtesy email for Service Request number SR-xxxxx regarding your Commissions inquiry for Producer XXXXXX XXXXXXXX.

We have received your request to advance your remaining 2017 renewal commissions due to Hurricane Irma. A manual payment has been issued to you today in the amount of $x,xxx.xx.

Your commissions will still process systematically per the normal schedule each month. To offset this duplicate payment, we will create debt on your account each month prior to the scheduled renewal payment:

Product

Recovery Dates

Monthly Amount*

Med Supp

10/13/2017, 11/10/2017

$xxx.xx

Med Supp

12/8/2017

$xxx.xx

MA

10/20/2017, 11/17/2017, 12/15/2017

$xxx.xx