United HealthCare Restores Full MA Commissions

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just got an email, and you all probably did too....UHC is restoring a bunch of their Care Improvement Plans from no commission to full commission, and also changing many of their MA plans from pro-rated commission to full commission. Of course, not retroactive but going forward. A nice little bonus to get us through these dreadful recertifications and a nice boost to look forward to for AEP! Personally I'm very pleased to see this, it will make a huge difference. Hope it stays this way!

There are now more reasons to sell with UnitedHealthcare! Effective immediately, as of July 17, 2014, select Medicare Advantage (MA) plans are now paying a full initial year commission on any enrollments written on or after July 17, 2014 for New to Medicare (NTM) beneficiaries.

This includes 14 MA plans that will change from non-commissioned to a full annual commission and 43 MA plans that will change from pro-rated to a full annual commission payment. For plans that do not qualify for the initial compensation rates (i.e., New To Medicare) we will pro-rate and pay commissions based on the number of months the member is enrolled during the plan year of enrollment. In both instances, renewals will begin on a per member per month basis in January of the next plan year.

This provides a great opportunity to take advantage of selling the Care Improvement Plus and AARP MedicareComplete plans in your market as they have been restored to a full annual commission, effective July 17. These modifications have been made to support successes and overall continued growth efforts in these states along with our core focus to meeting consumers' health care needs.

See a complete listing of our MA plans for reference

A nice little bonus to get us through these dreadful recertifications and a nice boost to look forward to for AEP!

If you sell for an Oct. 1, Nov. 1 or Dec. 1 you will receive the full $200 or $400. If you sell during AEP for an effective date of Jan 1, you have to wait for January to get paid. (CMS says they don't want chargebacks due to people to changing there mind by Dec. 7)

it's been my experience that you can never fully trust UHC to have anyone's best interest in mind other than UHC's, and especially not the agent's best interest.

thanks, but no thanks UHC

it's been my experience that you can never fully trust UHC to have anyone's best interest in mind other than UHC's, and especially not the agent's best interest. thanks, but no thanks UHC

UHC continued an appointment for a San Antonio agent who bought a car for her "friend" at a clinic in exchange for her gratitude to the clinic "friend". Par for the course.

it's been my experience that you can never fully trust UHC to have anyone's best interest in mind other than UHC's, and especially not the agent's best interest.

thanks, but no thanks UHC

Smoke and Mirrors. They hate Agents. Can't trust them. They will pull the rug out later on. Right after you write the biz. it's the old "fool me once" scenario....

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a cozy arrangement like that. A lot of the big hitters have "relationships" with drs/nurses/clinics. Some used to be RN's and found a better opportunity in MA sales.

America....what a country!!

Just had a MAPD Medicare Complete Choice plan 2 with UHC issued with an August 1st, 2014 effective date. Insured is new to Medicare. Was not paid the full commission...pro-rated. Maybe I read the email wrong but here in the Florida panhandle it was suppose to be paid at full commission. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back