United Medicare Advisors is a National Agency, Owned by Spring Insurance Solutions, LLC

j10

Expert
I might be wrong, but how is having "Medicare Advisors" in the name of the agency CMS compliant? or since they just do supplements, they're not subject to that? seems really fishy since it seems they helped him into a Humana drug plan that he does not remember signing anything physically for and confirmed to me that he had no idea an application was being filled out and approved by him to process. thank god the app kicked back since humana sent a letter requesting clarification on an application.

This is all made even more weird since he hasn't even received his medicare card or quarterly bills from medicare yet!! and he's been in effect for 6+ months! so i couldn't help him but I did tell him what parts are weird, what part he needs to focus on and i'll follow up and see what we learn. just sucks that people are left so high and dry sometimes by a combination of their own ignorance and the persuasion skills of the agent talking to them.

:mad::no:

That's weird. Id use the "check your enrollment" tool on the medicare.gov site to see what he has.

Sometimes customers suffer from selective listening, so we cant rely on everything they recount as factual, but it is important to make sure they are getting good service.

Yeah, we did check your enrollment and we were able to guess at his information and it just said Original Medicare. I assume since the humana drug plan was still in process that is why it wasn't showing up but he doesn't have a currently existing Part D or any low income subsidies so I/he don't even know which special election period they were trying to use.

Yeah, we did check your enrollment and we were able to guess at his information and it just said Original Medicare. I assume since the humana drug plan was still in process that is why it wasn't showing up but he doesn't have a currently existing Part D or any low income subsidies so I/he don't even know which special election period they were trying to use.

Unless the Humana letter specifically said that the enrollment was denied (he could be in a grace period to provide them with info), he should call them to say that he doesn't want the plan. More than likely the application was submitted through Medicare.gov. No signature needed there.

I asked him straight up, "do you remember agreeing to move forward on a Humana drug plan?" and when his answer was in the negative, I told him to call and do exactly that (while asking which Special Election Period they were trying to use to boot :P) Understood. Thanks for the info, I didn't know that about Medicare.gov apps. Sneaky.

Back