United World and United of Omaha 2011 Inforce Business Increase?

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone heard what the united of omaha and united world blocks of business are increasing for inforce business in 2011? Specifically in Arizona? They usually roll in the inforce increase around april or may so it should be right around the corner.

Re: United World and United of Omaha 2011 Inforce Business Increa

Here in Kentucky they got a 14% increase...one of my clients got a $30.00 a month increase. They are being horrible on their increases and now that they are taking virtually everyone on Plan N.....what will the increases be in the future. Also, Anthem now is accepting everyone on their Med Supples thru 2011 from like or lesser coverage. OMG......What to do? Forethought new to market but no history with them. Other carriers I have are higher for the same plan but increases are not as significant. Any ideas from fellow agents?:nah:

Here in Kentucky they got a 14% increase...one of my clients got a $30.00 a month increase. They are being horrible on their increases and now that they are taking virtually everyone on Plan N.....what will the increases be in the future. Also, Anthem now is accepting everyone on their Med Supples thru 2011 from like or lesser coverage. OMG......What to do? Forethought new to market but no history with them. Other carriers I have are higher for the same plan but increases are not as significant. Any ideas from fellow agents?:nah:[/quote

I always sell on long term stability... Initial price is only part of the story. I guess this is why I have an 87% retention rate.

Here in Kentucky they got a 14% increase...one of my clients got a $30.00 a month increase. They are being horrible on their increases and now that they are taking virtually everyone on Plan N.....what will the increases be in the future. Also, Anthem now is accepting everyone on their Med Supples thru 2011 from like or lesser coverage. OMG......What to do? Forethought new to market but no history with them. Other carriers I have are higher for the same plan but increases are not as significant. Any ideas from fellow agents?:nah:[/quote

I always sell on long term stability... Initial price is only part of the story. I guess this is why I have an 87% retention rate.

That's a pretty slippery slope when talking about med sup increases. We had one here that hadn't taken a rate increase in 3 years and agents were selling on that, then, wham, a 25% increase all at once. You never know what the companies are going to do. I go with best value now.

Might want to change to selling price. I have a 99%+ retention over six years. Either they die or move to an area I won't service (out of state).

quality work gordon... what state do you sell in? I obviously take initial price into consideration but its definately not the whole story... Do you happen to know what the united of omaha, united world blocks of business are increasing in your state for inforce policies? Infact I just met with a guy today that started at 90 bucks a month 5 years ago with Old Surety, this year his premium is $188. He now has colon cancer, I had to tell him he wont be able to switch to a cheaper plan and is stuck on this plan going up 20% a year consistantly. I dont like getting that kind of phone call from my customers who at one point trusted my recommendation.

Last edited:

Beginning Feb 16, U of O, Plan N will not be guarantee issued any longer!

Beginning Feb 16, U of O, Plan N will not be guarantee issued any longer!

I am glad. They should have done this to start with and make it cheaper. Plan N is not going to be a big hitter. Even as MA's fade away.

I am glad. They should have done this to start with and make it cheaper. Plan N is not going to be a big hitter. Even as MA's fade away.

That certainly looks to be the case. I thought it would be more well received than it has. The only N's I've done are the UoO and that was because of health issues.

The people I've tried to talk to about it that can qualify for other plans just don't see the value for plan N over D or F.

I take that back, I did sell two N's that could have qualified medically for something else. They were leaving Anthem MAPD because they didn't like the network restrictions.

I don't think it's priced well enough to attract the MA people they were hoping to get.

Back