UnitedHealth to Leave AHIP

Maybe they are trying to distance themselves from the image they created when obamacare was first being discussed, The 1st couple of years you had a lot of people say they didn't want AARP due to political affiliations,

Maybe they are trying to distance themselves from the image they created when obamacare was first being discussed, The 1st couple of years you had a lot of people say they didn't want AARP due to political affiliations,

The first couple of years? I heard that 2 hours ago...

The first couple of years? I heard that 2 hours ago...

Yes I still hear it but 1st couple of years it was much more often especially in FL where this is not much of a choice, I also don't market as much in FL anymore so that might account for not hearing it as much

I never saw any discounts for taking AHIP being offered by UHC. They had their own modules and we had to take them...I think they accepted AHIP for medicare basics last couple years.

I never saw any discounts for taking AHIP being offered by UHC. They had their own modules and we had to take them...I think they accepted AHIP for medicare basics last couple years.

AHIP is $175 dollars for 2016. UHC will discount $50 if you take the AHIP test through the UHC website. Was going to take AHIP but decided to wait until July 1st(start date with UHC), so I could get the $50 discount through them.

As recently as last year, United Healthcare wouldn't accept the AHIP in their credentialing process for that years AEP. I had to take UHC's certs as well as the AHIP. Looks like the same goes for this year as well.

Back