Using Trial Right to Escape Plan F

That is different from my question. Going from Mutual to TA should not be a problem unless TA wants to know if MOO will take them back. The ground rules say a new carrier must take you only if your old carrier plan is no longer offered. No idea how many carriers take GI no questions asked which is why I framed my question to see what any of the Omaha carriers do.

It does have to do with your question. It deals with different lines of Mutual supps. You are asking if one mutual will take a prior mutual. I'm asking if a (possibly) unavailable mutual would allow them to not have to go back to the new mutual carrier.

Right?

Let me see if I understand what all of you are saying. I have Equitable Plan F. If I switch to a MA plan for the first time and then want to go back to Original Medicare, my GI rights would only extend to Equitable.. I couldn't go to another company as a GI? Is that right?

Last edited:
Let me see if I understand what all of you are saying. I have Equitable Plan F. If I switch to a MA plan for the first time and then want to go back to Original Medicare, my GI rights would only extend to Equitable.. I couldn't go to another company as a GI? Is that right?

Correct. Medigap guide states, basically, if you have a supp, and drop it for mapd for the first time, and then decide to come back to Original Medicare + Supp, then you have the "right to buy the Medigap policy you had before you joined the mapd, if the company you had before still sells it.

If it isn't available (not if it isn't sold, if it isn't available), then you can go to a new carrier GI.

Correct. Medigap guide states, basically, if you have a supp, and drop it for mapd for the first time, and then decide to come back to Original Medicare + Supp, then you have the "right to buy the Medigap policy you had before you joined the mapd, if the company you had before still sells it.

If it isn't available (not if it isn't sold, if it isn't available), then you can go to a new carrier GI.

Thanks.. Then I also assume that means if a person had no supplement before they went to the MA plan for the first time, then they have no GI rights when they switch back to Original Medicare?

Depends on the company. Oxford says they'll take you GI in that situation. You wouldn't have to go back to Equitable.

Depends on the company. Oxford says they'll take you GI in that situation. You wouldn't have to go back to Equitable.

What about the scenario where a person has no med supp prior to going to the MA?.. Have a BIL that is on original medicare but is uninsurable when it comes to Med Supp.

What about the scenario where a person has no med supp prior to going to the MA?.. Have a BIL that is on original medicare but is uninsurable when it comes to Med Supp.

Can take any company's plan F as a GI.

Back