Is this a Valid Business Plan?

NY is gureneteed issue for med sup AARP has best price for Supp in NY But I was told by FMO (did not check on my own) AARP does not pay for under 65 medsupp There are a lot of good MA plans in NY really depends on county to who the players are But make sure your compliant for contacting prospects for MA
AARP does pay $0 on U65 med supps. Didn't discover this until a couple months after I wrote my first when checking with PHD on status on the unpaid commission. This was early in my agent career.

WC Mason, do you know if the pay no commission in NY as well for U65?

you can look it up in producer handbook

I usually don't consider supplement if under 65

most companies in most states just don't want the buis

I work in too many states too many carriers to search it out
in the very few times it comes up

especially since most times its not worth it

if med sup is truly the right option and they can afford it (in most states outside NY the premium is inflated for under 65 )

Honestly in most cases under 65 SS disability
they can generally only afford MAPD anyway

Commissions are not payable for any individual/applicant who is under the age of 65 as of their plan effective date except in the following states where required: CA (during the first six months of Part B enrollment for a beneficiary entitled to Medicare due to disability), CO, FL, IL, KS, ME (open enrollment and guarantee issue only), MO, OR, PA and WI. In these states, the age 65+ commission applies.

Ok, so it is impossible to be in the business of selling medsupps to the U65 crowd in NY. Is it possible to make money selling MAPDs to the U65 crowd in NY?

Ok, so it is impossible to be in the business of selling medsupps to the U65 crowd in NY. Is it possible to make money selling MAPDs to the U65 crowd in NY?

Of course. The MAPDs can be tough to market, but in most of NY that's what folks are on anyway.

Yea Of coarse

But you have to make sure you are compliant with contact rules

They need to inquire in some way

No cold calling

Not really sure what

"a hookup to get a large amount of steady leads in the following demographic. Pre-65 Medicare eligible disabled individuals in NY"

exactly means but if its a list of people you cant just call them

you can send out a mailer though
But then again I don't know why you would limit yourself to just that you can get list to mail cheap enough anyway

and with that demographic you might end up with more medi/medi type

Some don't mind the medi/medi but I try to stay away from them

Last edited:
So is medicare advantage almost always the better option than medsupp for people on disability under 65 in NY?

So is medicare advantage almost always the better option than medsupp for people on disability under 65 in NY?

It depends on what part you're in and what MA plans are available. MA plans also change every year so what makes sense one year might not the next.

You might want to invest an afternoon in looking over the Medicare and You guide CMS prints off and then review the plans available on Medicare.gov.

Yea Of coarse

But you have to make sure you are compliant with contact rules

They need to inquire in some way

No cold calling

Not really sure what

"a hookup to get a large amount of steady leads in the following demographic. Pre-65 Medicare eligible disabled individuals in NY"

exactly means but if its a list of people you cant just call them

you can send out a mailer though
But then again I don't know why you would limit yourself to just that you can get list to mail cheap enough anyway

and with that demographic you might end up with more medi/medi type

Some don't mind the medi/medi but I try to stay away from them

In addition to that what is said above you need to be concerned that using this ' insider information ' list to market health plans is not a violation of HIPPA PHI or PII rules

Back