Is this a Valid Business Plan?

JoefromNY

Expert
I'm new to this site, so thank you in advance for your collective help.

My question:

I have a hookup to get a large amount of steady leads in the following demographic. Pre-65 medicare eligible disabled individuals in NY. Is there a solid business in selling med supp/MA policies to this demographic in NY? Thanks.

My question:

I have a hookup to get a large amount of steady leads in the following demographic. Pre-65 medicare eligible disabled individuals in NY. Is there a solid business in selling med supp/MA policies to this demographic in NY? Thanks.

A few questions:

What part of NY?
Are they looking for coverage, or is it just an existing business relationship?
How green are you with these plans? NY is a gi state and most folks already have the most competitive supp or they have a strong reason to not want them.

I would be dealing with clients almost exclusively from the city and Long Island. They would be coming to me when they first become eligible for medicare through social security disability. If they are buying supps they will likely buy from me. Strong preexisting relationship with close contact.

These plans are new to me so I plan on doing alot of studying and research before I start selling. How does being a GI state affect the business prospects in NY?

The clients are in the city and Long Island. I would get them when they first qualify for medicare through social security disability. If they buy, most will likely buy from me. I am very new to this and plan to spend a nice chunk of time learning before selling.

My question:

What companies are you representing for Med Supp? How much are they actually going to pay you for writing a disabled person on a supp? What's more, how many will actually be approved?

The MA seems like a logical fit. Also sounds like you may have a bunch of duals.

What companies are you representing for Med Supp? How much are they actually going to pay you for writing a disabled person on a supp? What's more, how many will actually be approved?

The MA seems like a logical fit. Also sounds like you may have a bunch of duals.

Roughly 100%. NY is a guaranteed issue state so they'll all get approved.

My question:

be careful with compliance....NO COLD CALLING for MA plans.

NY is gureneteed issue for med sup
AARP has best price for Supp in NY

But I was told by FMO (did not check on my own) AARP does not pay for under 65 medsupp

There are a lot of good MA plans in NY really depends on county to who the players are

But make sure your compliant for contacting prospects for MA

So for the under 65 medicare crowd in NY, they are guaranteed to be insured. So if you sell to this crowd, what is the average commission structure for MedSupps and MAs?

Back