Walmarts?

If you aren't busy enough during AEP without sitting in a Walmart then you probably should try a different career. I can't keep up with my current clients plus referrals I'm getting.

If you aren't busy enough during AEP without sitting in a Walmart then you probably should try a different career. I can't keep up with my current clients plus referrals I'm getting.

Agreed, but for the new guy that hasn't built a large book yet, it's a lead source. A few hours a week may not hurt. A lot depends on location.

I sat at a Walmart a few years ago with lukewarm results at best. I brought my laptop and spent the down time writing orphan letters, return email drafts (no wi-fi where I was), signed, stuffed and addressed Holiday/birthday cards, stuff like that. I worked a 7am to 11am shift a couple times a week. It got my butt out of bed and I still had most of the day for other things.

That said, those hours could also be spent elsewhere prospecting.

I have about 500 clients, not a ton but a decent amount. With most of the plans here in FL staying level, nobody is really wanting or needing to change. I sent a letter to all my clients and I'm calling them all and the referrals are starting to trickle in but I could easily pencil in a 4-5 hour shift one day a week.

All this while not needing a different career.

Well the walmart has turned out to be difficult at best. They have us down for the wrong store with the wrong hours and direct health does not answer the phone nor emails, can you say non compliant? We are refusing to sit at the wrong store so we are not going, yikes.

not our fault, we have 11 emails to direct health telling them thats the wrong store dating all the way back to sept 8th.

So far I had 10 prospects asked for a flu shot & 1 wanted to give blood. I'm off to a good start

Well the walmart has turned out to be difficult at best. They have us down for the wrong store with the wrong hours and direct health does not answer the phone nor emails, can you say non compliant? We are refusing to sit at the wrong store so we are not going, yikes.

Since they are all have to be registered as formal sales events, I wonder who is reporting the no shows in advance.

We have tried for over 2 weeks to reach direct health by phone, no answer, mailbox full, we have sent 11 emails all with no response, went to the walmart stores and they had no idea what the booth was for and threw them out. Cannot understand how directhealth has screwed this up so bad, sad part is the company is an hour from us and no one is in the office either.

Back