Walmarts?

Went to our local Walmart yesterday to pick up a couple of things and correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is these booth's are suppose to say direct health? Well our's is set up with a Humana booth and only Humana advertising.

Humana has been doing Wal Mart for a while, haven't they? I believe this is unrelated to the Direct Health initiative.

My understanding was that Humana is no longer cobranding with Walmart, hence the other. I may be wrong, but I have sat Walmarts in the past.

If you contracted through Direct Health, Bloomberg just reported that White Mountain Insurance (Esurance and Answer Financial) just bought 66% of Tranzact. This is why they won't talk to anyone.

Last edited:
In regards to the humana booth. I was told that if the store was not that busy last year that DH didn't send a new booth, they told the managers to use the old Humana one and "do the best you can".
This whole thing is a joke at this point, nothing is happening like they said it would

In regards to the humana booth. I was told that if the store was not that busy last year that DH didn't send a new booth, they told the managers to use the old Humana one and "do the best you can".
This whole thing is a joke at this point, nothing is happening like they said it would

Which is why we don't count on *carriers* to market for us. Or IMO's for that matter.

I've gone to three walmarts that had booths last year and none of them has one this year. 1 was Humana and the other 2 were UHC.

If the store is participating with Direct Health, sooner or later, they will be directed to change the Humana set up. I am unaware of any direct Humana store deals with WalMart. My local Humana manager said that's discontinued.
The WalMart here is being told to take down all carrier related literature, just use the DirectHealth brochures. Last year's booth that Humana used was still branded with the "Health Care Begins Here" look. That must be a really older one.
Good selling, everyone!

----------

I've gone to three walmarts that had booths last year and none of them has one this year. 1 was Humana and the other 2 were UHC.

Humana is hitting it hard with seminars in my market area.

Maybe some WalMarts were not targeted by DirectHealth, or no one paid the $500 to be there.

Back