Walmarts?

Sold 3 more today!!!!

@theinsman07 I read in the forums about your success last year at Walmart. I have also read everyone's posts discouraging others from "wasting their time" at Walmart. I am a newly independent agent and last AEP I had a lot of appointments but very few sales - all my actual sales came from referrals. I need to reach new clients so I have committed to a Walmart store for this coming AEP. I will be selling both Medicare and ACA plans. I am wondering if you could offer any advice on how to maximize my sales there. Any suggestions you have would be helpful.

I know most of you will respond with "better" ways to spend my money and time but I've already committed to this so I'm really hoping for some decent ideas. After the AEP I promise to come back and take the "I told you so's" if I"m not successful. Thank you.

@theinsman07 I read in the forums about your success last year at Walmart. I have also read everyone's posts discouraging others from "wasting their time" at Walmart. I am a newly independent agent and last AEP I had a lot of appointments but very few sales - all my actual sales came from referrals. I need to reach new clients so I have committed to a Walmart store for this coming AEP. I will be selling both Medicare and ACA plans. I am wondering if you could offer any advice on how to maximize my sales there. Any suggestions you have would be helpful.

I know most of you will respond with "better" ways to spend my money and time but I've already committed to this so I'm really hoping for some decent ideas. After the AEP I promise to come back and take the "I told you so's" if I"m not successful. Thank you.

Are you captive with Humana there or something else. If you can talk about many plans it may be good for you. A big sign that says something along the lines of "medicare questions answered here" and some nifty trinkets from the carriers help. I got more aca questions last year that medicare, so that may help you.

Yes I'm contracted with all carriers so I can offer whichever plan that fits best. Thank you for the feedback. I will talk my FMO about this signage and the "trinkets". Great feedback. And if I can't use my own signage then I'll screenprint it on the back of my shirt. :)

Yes I'm contracted with all carriers so I can offer whichever plan that fits best. Thank you for the feedback. I will talk my FMO about this signage and the "trinkets". Great feedback. And if I can't use my own signage then I'll screenprint it on the back of my shirt. :)

As others have said they can be hit and miss. I have had great success, and then no success. I recommend making eye contact and saying hi to as many folks as possible. People will ask a lot of strange questions which could lead to sales as long as you are smiling and act like you are happy to be there.

Back