Walmarts?

jlb9876

I am in my second AEP and have signed up for a walmart at $500. The FMO isn't the one I am under now and may change. However they don't seem to know that much about the program.

Somewhere I read that laptops would be provided, no one seems to know. Also I was told I could make my own schedule and did not have to file anything with the carriers about hours. Could this be right? The clock is ticking!

I wouldn't sit in a Walmart if they gave me $5000. If you sell 10 PDP's you will break even I guess.

I doubt walmart is going to provide you with a laptop. I have sat at Walmarts and sat and sat and sat, with little cooperation from the store management and customer's. If you're in a super walmart or even a marketplace, people with grocery's just want to get out of there. Yes, there is a minimum amount of hours you have to be there each week.

Like Rick said, you'd be better off taking your $500 to Vegas.

I wrote 23 last year and most were first timers (MAPD) and I was in the sticks and only rep UHC. This year I am in a perfect location, based on local demographics and hope to do 50. It was well worth the time for me.

I have been working walmart the last 7 years and I write at least 100 app every season from Walmart !! I'm going to. Miss that!!

The walmart opp. is a bit confusing right now. Some agents have already received the email that maps out how to get it all in place, some agents haven't. The email sated all hours had to be in place by yesterday (can't get it done if we don't receive the emails) so its all a mess right now.
I think the opp is going to be huge. You have an opportunity to be in one place and represent all your companies, not just one. You can also write affordable care acts and build that pipeline too.
I'm very excited for my agents to have this opportunity.

I guess if you are a new agent, building your block, this is a good opportunity to get in front of seniors.
Personally, I would be bored to tears working a booth at Walmart.
Also, this year you have to pay to work in Walmart??? No thanks.

Back