Website and Carriers Logo

jadziab

Expert
I'm trying to get my first website together. I work with Humana, BC/BS, UHC for MAPD and a bunch others for the supps. Has anyone been able to get a Carrier logo on their website. How is that done. Who do you get permission from? I've tried to copy and paste and you can't, most of them are copy proof.

Thank for any info.

Jayne

Most of the time you can use it then ask for forgiveness later. UHC and Humana can both be very touchy on the issue. You can usually right click on the image and click "save as" to get it. If that doesn't work you can always try to search on google images (Google Images). If you do get told to take it down, that'd be a good person to ask about the guidelines and policies :) At least, thats how the rumors go.

With the number of websites being created out there odds are they would never know one way or the other. If you reach out to your FMO they can walk you through the process, each carrier has a process of review an approval.

not sure about your state, but in NC, BCBS are nazi's about their info on websites that aren't exclusively bcbs. won't even let us mention the name

not sure about your state, but in NC, BCBS are nazi's about their info on websites that aren't exclusively bcbs. won't even let us mention the name

Quite frankly I wish I didn't have to mention their name. I'm appointed only because some of my clients demand them. I hate having to wait an enternity to get paid and it irks me I wrote a temp for over $2000. and I got $25. Kind of makes me feel I have a huge hobby instead of a career. I'm thinking I will just do and ask for forgiveness....now I gotta figure where to get the logos from. If someone could give me a step by step? As I said...they don't copy. I'm not as puter savvy as I wld like, spent the last 10 yrs w/ child and trying to make up for lost time.;)

Jayne

I tried copying (right click) all three logos you mentioned, two worked right off the main web page, the third one I got off another page that mentioned them (on the first google search page).

Another way would be to use the "print screen" button on your keyboard, paste the image into something like MS publisher. Or how about scanning a brochure?

I know for UHC they have an approval process. There is info on their portal.

Note: If you don't get approval, they do send cease and desist letters...

The correct way is to check with them first. Usually just send them a picture of what the page looks like and if any info is opened off the link. Shouldn't have an issue with many.

But if you do feel like just getting it done, then just post and wait to see if they notice.

Latest posts

Back