Website for MA and Med Supps?

supersupps

Guru
Ok. it seems I will probably be an health agent forever. And I have no website.. I'm curious to know who has and doesnt have a website. and can a website be successful to drive traffic for MA and med supps provided you pay for proper placement? Can a website support an agent without paying for leads? And if you know someone that does a great website from start to finish, pm me.. thanks.

And if you know someone that does a great website from start to finish, pm me.. thanks.

I have over 300 domains and around 100 sites that are somewhat updated regularly. Unless you're constantly updating the site for relevant content, or more accurately - hiring someone to do that for you and building relevant backlink relationships, no, you cannot rely on your website, alone for lead flow.

I do know of an agency that spends $600 per month on a firm to work for them constantly, using outsourced help to build manual, relevant links, and writing articles. This agency now generates tons of traffic from their site because it comes up in the top three on nearly all Medicare searches you can think of.

You should, however, have a website. Today it is looked upon as being just as necessary as having a business card. Seniors WILL search for you to verify your credibility. My new clients tell me all the time that they researched me and they tell ME what they found about me.

You can pay $400+ for someone to design a good looking Wordpress site for you, or you can get it from the FreeBlogfactory and use their free training learn how to navigate/create your own website. This is what I would recommend. They have lots of professional themes, already, and many of my agents absolutely love their easy setup. See what they have to offer and I think you will be impressed.

It's important to learn how your site works, and Wordpress is not very difficult to learn.

I would caution you against getting one of the free, replicated sites offered by some agencies out there.. As a subdomain on their site, with content exactly like their others, Google will treat you as a nearly irrelevant copy and you won't get any traction. Having duplicate content on a site just like everyone else's is useless.

As to your question about paying for traffic, no, an independent agent would typically not have the resources for paid traffic vs. the Fortune 100 companies that are paying for it as part of their multi-billion $$ ad campaign as a regular course of business. If your cost per click that you're willing to pay is not just under theirs, you will not be seen (or clicked).

Last edited:
Thanks for such a helpful post, im sure others here will benefit as well.

I have over 300 domains and around 100 sites that are somewhat updated regularly. Unless you're constantly updating the site for relevant content, or more accurately - hiring someone to do that for you and building relevant backlink relationships, no, you cannot rely on your website, alone for lead flow.

I do know of an agency that spends $600 per month on a firm to work for them constantly, using outsourced help to build manual, relevant links, and writing articles. This agency now generates tons of traffic from their site because it comes up in the top three on nearly all Medicare searches you can think of.

You should, however, have a website. Today it is looked upon as being just as necessary as having a business card. Seniors WILL search for you to verify your credibility. My new clients tell me all the time that they researched me and they tell ME what they found about me.

You can pay $400+ for someone to design a good looking Wordpress site for you, or you can get it from the FreeBlogfactory and use their free training learn how to navigate/create your own website. This is what I would recommend. They have lots of professional themes, already, and many of my agents absolutely love their easy setup. See what they have to offer and I think you will be impressed.

It's important to learn how your site works, and Wordpress is not very difficult to learn.

I would caution you against getting one of the free, replicated sites offered by some agencies out there.. As a subdomain on their site, with content exactly like their others, Google will treat you as a nearly irrelevant copy and you won't get any traction. Having duplicate content on a site just like everyone else's is useless.

As to your question about paying for traffic, no, an independent agent would typically not have the resources for paid traffic vs. the Fortune 100 companies that are paying for it as part of their multi-billion $$ ad campaign as a regular course of business. If your cost per click that you're willing to pay is not just under theirs, you will not be seen (or clicked).

Back