WellCare Announced Lifetime Renewals Today

dlvhi

Expert
Wellcare announced lifetime renewals, as long as the agent is active with WellCare and the client is on the books.

Probably won't matter much. Don't think this stuff will be around in its present form long enough to be a game changer.

Seems like all the companies are doing the same thing. At first I was thinking, well MA plans might not even be around that long to make a difference. But, in reality it is good because any clients that were signed up say 4 or 5 years ago, will be grandfathered in and you will still receive renewals when they may have been done in a year or two

I've deleted my emails but Ive received two other emails in the last couple months saying they are going lifetime too. I think UHC is definitely one but the other I can't remember. Maybe Universal?

I've deleted my emails but Ive received two other emails in the last couple months saying they are going lifetime too. I think UHC is definitely one but the other I can't remember. Maybe Universal?

UHC has renewals for 10 years. Aetna has lifetime renewals.

They were scheduled to be cut significantly this year but someone thought the timing was bad. So they put it off a year. Next year many seniors will be surprised to see their medicare advantage options severely limited or gone altogether. This article explains it:
President Obama’s Medicare slush fund—Benjamin E. Sasse & Charles Hurt - NYPOST.com

Well, consider the source.. the New York Post, a conservative rag. The article states that the $8B (a drop in the bucket) would be enough to postpone the weakened benefits in "key markets." The MA benefits in my part of Texas don't look much different for 2013 than they are now, even slightly better in some cases. Texas is far from a "key state" that Obama would or should care about. I call this article a bunch of BS.

Back