Wellcare MAPD Certification

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Every year I fly through all of my MAPD certifications until I reach the last one, with whom I have only one client-Wellcare

And every year, it seems, I flunk the final exam for Wellcare on at least the 1st try (and sometimes the 2nd one) until it reaches the 3rd and final attempt to keep my $18 a month income stream intact.

This year was no different, it came down to the wire (80% and 82% on the 1st two tries, 85% is passing). As soon as the 24 hour waiting period between attempts was up, I flew through the questions, clicked 'Submit' and......

Passed with 88% ;):1cool::yes:

Just think how far that $216 will go next year-at least one Starbucks Vente a week for the whole year!

Every year I fly through all of my MAPD certifications until I reach the last one, with whom I have only one client-Wellcare

And every year, it seems, I flunk the final exam for Wellcare on at least the 1st try (and sometimes the 2nd one) until it reaches the 3rd and final attempt to keep my $18 a month income stream intact.

This year was no different, it came down to the wire (80% and 82% on the 1st two tries, 85% is passing). As soon as the 24 hour waiting period between attempts was up, I flew through the questions, clicked 'Submit' and......

Passed with 88% ;):1cool::yes:

Just think how far that $216 will go next year-at least one Starbucks Vente a week for the whole year!

This my 3rd year with Wellcare, I had to do the MAPD certification. I have about 50 with them plus they are the only HMO in the rural community where I work.
But I found that it was the hardest certification of all the carriers done so far.
Just as you did I got 88% , but on the first try.
And to think they said it would be easier for returning agents.(mini ACT):no:

This my 3rd year with Wellcare, I had to do the MAPD certification. I have about 50 with them plus they are the only HMO in the rural community where I work.
But I found that it was the hardest certification of all the carriers done so far.
Just as you did I got 88% , but on the first try.
And to think they said it would be easier for returning agents.(mini ACT):no:

It is far and away the toughest certification-fortunately they aren't strong in my primary state (Florida) and most of my clients are on PPO plans anyway so not an option for them.

If had a similar number of people on their plans as you I would do more preparation (or actually read the material), it just isn't worth it to me for the one renewal (and he may switch to Humana next year).

It is far and away the toughest certification-fortunately they aren't strong in my primary state (Florida) and most of my clients are on PPO plans anyway so not an option for them.

If had a similar number of people on their plans as you I would do more preparation (or actually read the material), it just isn't worth it to me for the one renewal (and he may switch to Humana next year).

They're very strong in central Florida, lowest copays couple with $50 rebate. But in Jax they aren't competitive.

I have yet to do WellCare but that Cigna test was my toughest. Had to actually take it a second time.

They're very strong in central Florida, lowest copays couple with $50 rebate. But in Jax they aren't competitive.

I have yet to do WellCare but that Cigna test was my toughest. Had to actually take it a second time.

My one Wellcare client is in Orlando but most of my clients are on the Gulf Coast or South Florida. I don't particularly like their network so stay away from them unless someone wants a plan with Part B rebate. I had two friends in South Florida on their rebate plan but they really had issues with access to physicians.

Humana is introducing a Part B rebate plan in Orlando for 2018, that's why I mentioned that the one I have might be switching.

My one Wellcare client is in Orlando but most of my clients are on the Gulf Coast or South Florida. I don't particularly like their network so stay away from them unless someone wants a plan with Part B rebate. I had two friends in South Florida on their rebate plan but they really had issues with access to physicians.

Humana is introducing a Part B rebate plan in Orlando for 2018, that's why I mentioned that the one I have might be switching.

Yeah that humana plan is going to be popular. Better network than WellCare and $50 rebate.

Do you know how much WellCare is rebating next year?

Yeah that humana plan is going to be popular. Better network than WellCare and $50 rebate.

Do you know how much WellCare is rebating next year?

The Humana rebate in Orlando is $70, not $50:

Part B Give Back Contract/PBP: H1036-269
Premium: $0 Part B
Give Back: $70
MOOP: $6,700
PCP/SPEC: $0/$45
Inpatient: $235, days 1-8
Rx Included, Preferred Rx copays: $0/$15/$45/$95/33%
Vision, Dental, SilverSneakers Over-the-Counter: $15
Group ID: To be provided between late Sept. & 10/1 BSN: To be provided between late Sept. & 10/1 Serving Counties: Orange, Osceola & Seminole Counties

I don't have the Wellcare plan info for next year, I don't think they've released it in a First Look document

Group ID: To be provided between late Sept. & 10/1 BSN: To be provided between late Sept. & 10/1 Serving Counties: Orange, Osceola & Seminole Counties

I don't have the Wellcare plan info for next year, I don't think they've released it in a First Look document

Wellcare is out. PM and I'll send it. Doing 3 agent meetings this week, so I need a reminder!

$70, that's what I meant lol.

Back