What Happens when You FLUNK the AHIP?

I believe that is correct but as someone pointed out, some carriers limit the attempts for marketing their plans and continued renewals to three.

I found out that she CAN take the AHIP course again AND that Amerigroup will let her use the $50 credit again too!

If she can't pass AHIP then she doesn't have a basic understanding of Medicare Insurance and shouldn't be selling it. It's not that hard. The bar is not that high.

This isn't true for all carriers. Some (Humana for instance) require you to pass AHIP within your first 3 attempts otherwise you are out for that plan year.
I can confirm this, and that there are other major carriers that have this policy as well. I checked it yesterday after people brought up 2 enrollments/6 tries in another thread.

I'm going to say something unpopular right now: If someone does not understand things like you cannot sell a plan to Mr. Jones for Mrs. Jones because she is sleepy and is not present, or they don't know the Medicare 101 basics, I probably would not want said person representing me or my company. When you add on top of that they do not have the good sense to not fail 3 times before seeking help, you dodged a bullet.

Maybe this person is unable to grasp the concepts, or maybe they CAN, but cannot be bothered to do so. Either way, bad news.

To be fair, the first time I did AHIP I wasn't aware of the open book tricks and it took me 2 days....Now, on my third year in the business I finish as fast as my mouse can click...

To be fair, the first time I did AHIP I wasn't aware of the open book tricks and it took me 2 days....Now, on my third year in the business I finish as fast as my mouse can click...

Yes. No reason not to download slides and look up questions. If it's your first year look them all up.

I found out that she CAN take the AHIP course again AND that Amerigroup will let her use the $50 credit again too!

It's hard to believe that an experienced agent not only can't pass AHIP in 3 tries but is dumb enough to take it the 3rd time without being extra careful and using all of the available resources.

If she can't pass AHIP then she doesn't have a basic understanding of Medicare Insurance and shouldn't be selling it. It's not that hard. The bar is not that high.

That bar IS pretty low in some places. I've witnessed AHIP group testing sessions with agency principals gently feeding/suggesting the correct answers to certain agents. I never really questioned if this was "legal" or not. I'm not even sure how some of them even passed the State life/health license exam.

Back