What They Don't Teach You in Insurance School About Supplements

ilh4me

I have a hot lead . He qualifies for Medicare 812015,and definitely needs knee replacement surgery,and definitely is going to have it. I asked him where he planned to get his knee surgery done and he just said , I don't know . He hasn't even thought about which Medicare supplement plan will get him the doctors or hospital he wants. So , which plan would be best for a Wisconsin small business man who lives in southern Wisconsin , who is definitely going to have knee replacement surgery .

Not sure why this is titled; What They Don't Teach You in Insurance School About Supplements.

He qualifies for part B medicare for first time, This means this is open enrollment he can get any supplement, No underwriting, All Pre ex covered.

Any Supplement ( not MAPD) will allow him to go to any doc or hosp that takes medicare.

in Wisconsin you get basic plan and add riders to cover the rest

If you get all riders you pay no out of pocket

I have a hot lead . He qualifies for Medicare 812015,and definitely needs knee replacement surgery,and definitely is going to have it. I asked him where he planned to get his knee surgery done and he just said , I don't know . He hasn't even thought about which Medicare supplement plan will get him the doctors or hospital he wants. So , which plan would be best for a Wisconsin small business man who lives in southern Wisconsin , who is definitely going to have knee replacement surgery .

Takes you 2 years to make your first post, AND you get a thumbs up on your very first post!....by yourself :skeptical::skeptical:

As I understand Wisconsin regulates their supplements a little different than most any other state. But I still feel pretty confident in saying, just about any supplement that fits comfortably in his budget will work well for his situation.

I 2nd the annoyance of seeing someone give themselves a thumbs up. You did it with your 1st post, I think it's even more ridiculous when people who've been on here a while give themselves thumbs up...there're a couple that do it a lot.:mad:

Very helpful,thank you.I was thinking more about which system in particular,has the highest rate of successful outcomes for that procedure in particular,and which insurance plans provide coverage for that system.

Very helpful,thank you.I was thinking more about which system in particular,has the highest rate of successful outcomes for that procedure in particular,and which insurance plans provide coverage for that system.

Considering Medicare will be his primary insurance, that's who will provide coverage for it. A Medicare Supplement will do just what it says, supplement Medicare.

Let,s try this again, one step at a time: True or false, every hospital,medical system accepts all Medicare supplemental coverage regardless of insurance provider

Now what system has the highest rate of successful outcomes for double-knee replacements in Wisconsin?

Finally,does that system accept Medicare supplemental coverage from any supplemental provider or only particular supplemental providers?

Let,s try this again, one step at a time: True or false, every hospital,medical system accepts all Medicare supplemental coverage regardless of insurance provider

Now what system has the highest rate of successful outcomes for double-knee replacements in Wisconsin?

Finally,does that system accept Medicare supplemental coverage from any supplemental provider or only particular supplemental providers?

So, let me see if I have this straight...and yes this is sarcasm.

You want someone else to figure out; 1) what what providers accept med sup, and 2)what provider system has the best medical outcomes? I am sure people are lining up to answer this for you.

I have a simple solution.

1) Refer this to someone with the ability to actually help your client.

2) When #1 is done, learn med supps or

3) If you don't want to do #2, see #1.

Rick

Back