What is UHC Agents' Protocol for Mailing Enrollment Applications?

It's a CMS requirement.. Rick

If internet lead comes in, isn't that them requesting information online? Would you just be able to do a same day scope once they sign up?

Is this how it goes?..you get a lead online, before you can even speak about mapd you have to email them a scope, wait for them to send it back (after maybe 20 other agents call them in the meantime) and then HOPEFULLY they remember to send it to you?

Is this what your supposed to do on an Internet lead? First open enrollment here..

If internet lead comes in, isn't that them requesting information online? Would you just be able to do a same day scope once they sign up?

Is this how it goes?..you get a lead online, before you can even speak about mapd you have to email them a scope, wait for them to send it back (after maybe 20 other agents call them in the meantime) and then HOPEFULLY they remember to send it to you?

Is this what your supposed to do on an Internet lead? First open enrollment here..

I didn't say it made sense.

Rick

Back to issue of Med Supp applications... they may be mailed to applicant, signed by applicant and sent to agent. Yes ?

No pdp involved, no telephone discussion of pdp or MAPD.
Straight Med Supp sale, only.

No SOA needed in that case, correct ? No face2face needed, correct ?

Thanks.

Is there a difference between mailing them an application and then deciding they want to enroll in the plan so they mail it back to you versus you doing a phone presentation which requires a scope of appointment. Said another way what if a certain county has a very competitive Medicare Advantage plan entering into that County and as a default I mailed an enrollment kit for that Medicare Advantage plan to every internet lead that resides in that county. You could argue they have requested information on Medicare plans so it is okay to mail them information. However you are not doing a sales presentation because you are unable to get a hold of them given the volume of other agents that call thoughts on this?

Is there a difference between mailing them an application and then deciding they want to enroll in the plan so they mail it back to you versus you doing a phone presentation which requires a scope of appointment. Said another way what if a certain county has a very competitive Medicare Advantage plan entering into that County and as a default I mailed an enrollment kit for that Medicare Advantage plan to every internet lead that resides in that county. You could argue they have requested information on Medicare plans so it is okay to mail them information. However you are not doing a sales presentation because you are unable to get a hold of them given the volume of other agents that call thoughts on this?

Maybe someone else has a better answer.... But I seem to recall some sort of regulation where we can't, essentially, "blindly mail" blank apps to prospects.

So... Internet lead comes in, I wouldn't mail an app (kit) to them unless I at least speak to them first....

Besides, I don't want a client who says, "my agent never told me the premium was x!!"

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

So what happens if they by some miracle the consumer tears the application out and mails it in and then there is a problem because nobody ever explained the plan to them?First thing compliance will ask is if you have a scope.Even if there is no complaint and they ever do a SOA audit that could be a problem.

Another potential problem is that you would be using the enrollment kit as a marketing piece and if you even put your agent id # on application technically its altering marketing material.Sounds crazy but the carriers will come down on agents hard if it gets them off the hook.

Are we talking about med supps here? If so they don't have those rules that they need to be explained. I've seen hundreds of pre-filled apps from agents that are just mailed to every T65 out there.

So what happens if they by some miracle the consumer tears the application out and mails it in and then there is a problem because nobody ever explained the plan to them?First thing compliance will ask is if you have a scope.Even if there is no complaint and they ever do a SOA audit that could be a problem.

Another potential problem is that you would be using the enrollment kit as a marketing piece and if you even put your agent id # on application technically its altering marketing material.Sounds crazy but the carriers will come down on agents hard if it gets them off the hook.

But aren't they requesting info vs a marketing piece? They have requested more info just like a BRC. If you look at netquote or any other lead gen site, the fine print has that standard disclaimer. Why couldn't you approach it like any other "warm" lead with a front cover letter saying, "Here is the info you requested. We think this specific plan is a great option to consider ... Call us with questions, to see if your doctors are I'm network etc.". You could then put a SOA in the kit or ask them to sign it in addition to the app.

You at least have a chance that they consider it vs giving up on the lead.

Are we talking about med supps here? If so they don't have those rules that they need to be explained. I've seen hundreds of pre-filled apps from agents that are just mailed to every T65 out there.

My question was about Med Advantage plans. The question came up because I met a woman who was enrolled by mail and phone ( not a face to face) into an HMO. SHE continued to pay for her Supp even while enrolled on the HMO. Her Part B drugs ALONE total $100/mo on the HMO which justifies her Plan G premium (since they would be $0 after deductible). I don't think that the agent did an adequate needs analysis (if anything at all) since it's easier to just mail the stuff out, I guess. But, I also blame the woman for not insisting on a FTF appt given her previous health history (dialysis, then kidney transplant) and asking more questions.

Back