What Would You Do if You Were Me?

I was about to ask the same thing.

Yeah I don't quite understand why you following the rules established by Florida Blue makes you an ass.

Seeing that I'm from Georgia I don't know the rules established by Florida Blue. Unless your CGA can provide documentation that you forfeit commissions by leaving you may have some legal recourse. Fifty cases at $200 per year for who knows how many years s is a chunk of change and worth fighting for.

Again, read anything you signed when you worked there to make sure you didn't unknowingly forfeit your commissions. If you didn't, then it's time to take the fight to them.

I contacted an attorney who is a friend and he thought I should take it to small claims court. His fees would be more than what I am due.

I was in good standing with FB when I moved my appointment. I would have never done so if I thought I would lose my renewals.

This is the 2nd time I have lost health renewals. In 2001 I lost over $6000 monthly Medicare Supplement commissions due to Tricare For Life.

I contacted an attorney who is a friend and he thought I should take it to small claims court. His fees would be more than what I am due. I was in good standing with FB when I moved my appointment. I would have never done so if I thought I would lose my renewals. This is the 2nd time I have lost health renewals. In 2001 I lost over $6000 monthly Medicare Supplement commissions due to Tricare For Life.

Well I'd do all I can to replace those clients this coming AEP assuming there is another carrier that would be a fit for them.

I had something similar happen when I left Applied General Agencies. I had assigned my commissions and when I left I learned a $5000+ lesson about assigning commissions to someone less than completely honest.

There is little that can be done. You need to prove your loss but since you're not the agent, how do you do that? The company doesn't even know you exist.

Rick

Not sure why these other agents are telling you that you're losing money, he was the aor, so you're fortunate to have been paid in the first place. He doesn't owe you anything, and Florida Blue couldn't care less.

On the bright side, he did tell you that he would pay you renewals, for whatever reason, that's the only thing that you can take back to him. My advice is to throw yourself on his Mercy and start drinking heavily.

No. I am saying that assigning commissions, for some agents, is an assinine thing to do.

Many a great man does something stupid every now and then.

So we were supposed to get all of that from this post:

Remember, the first three letters in Assign are you.

Here's the link in case anyone thinks I'm making it up - http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/senior-insurance-forum/what-would-you-do-if-you-were-me-t74401.html#post987813

Tell me, what are the first three letters in assign? And when you say those first three letters are "you" how should a person take that? I'm just a common man, but if I take that statement at face value I'd guess that you're calling him an ass. Tell me where I'm wrong.

This is exactly what I'd do. He's not even the AOR.:yes:

Sounds like he never was. But if he stayed in contact with these clients while he was under that GA then they should remember him. I'd send a "checking up on you" letter now and then in September send an "AEP is just around the corner" letter with a call to action. If he did a good job with them and gained their trust when he first sold them, then he may get a high percentage of them to go with him to a new plan (assuming there is a plan worth changing to).

Latest posts

Back